SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Fairouzy
8,858 Posts
The mall name must be changed I think this is the first failure for this mall
I agree. Ezdan is really an ugly name. It does not mean anything in Arabic and really has zero marketing potential. Gulf Mall, LandMark, City Center, are all Malls with nice names that have the potential to be popular.

Ezdan is a unique name... No ??

I can't wait for the new shops! Here's a list of some of the openings:

SharafDG
Tim Hortons
Papa rotti
Carrefour market
Chilis
Fruits and passion
Naturalizer
Aftershock
Tommy Hilfiger
Charles and keith
Newyorker
Forever 21
The children's place
Ziddy kidstore
The toystore
Cerutti cafe
Metropolis
Royal tandoor
Giordano
Aldo
Suite blanco
Just for kids
Petit
Pari gallery
By the sound of this, Ezdan will be popular. Sharaf DG is opening! :banana: Qatar needs a giant electronic store here. I cant wait to see what Gulf Mall is going to open.

· كعبه الم
3,095 Posts
^^ Tawar is a family name (bin Tawar Al-Kuwari), like "al-Asmakh mall"...

· Registered
507 Posts
^^ "Twar" is still not good for a mall as well as al-asmakh! While Northgate, Villaggio and Doha festival city sound more attractive.
u think that because media never show some fancy places with Arabian name ! that why always we think Westeren name always as the most attractive, westeren people as the most attractive (because of the movies + media,fashion shows ).

i cant really explain what in my mind because its hard but hope u get 10% of what im trying to explain.

· Registered
314 Posts
u think that because media never show some fancy places with Arabian name ! that why always we think Westeren name always as the most attractive, westeren people as the most attractive (because of the movies + media,fashion shows ).

i cant really explain what in my mind because its hard but hope u get 10% of what im trying to explain.
I get your point, but I partially agree. Sure there are arabic names that are attractive to people but not " الأصمخ, طوار " !

· Fairouzy
8,858 Posts

I agree with you but in the case of Ezdan it doesn't have a meaning in Arabic i think. If they named it something else it would have been much better

· Z/
101 Posts
I'll be going there in the weekends & hopefully take a few pics. I want to go the toy store as it's open already.

I always thought they going to name is Novelty Mall. I've read Doha news the other day. At least from what I see- It looks very modern like the Villiagio Mall. City centre & Landmark looks a bit 90s looks.

· كعبه الم
3,095 Posts
Villaggio is not modern :lol:

· كعبه الم
3,095 Posts
What I liked about the company is that they announced they are planning to plant 22 million trees bt 2022 ;) GREEN QATAR :banana: <3

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.