SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's there, ruling and watching over Paris. Nothing new can be said about her, just that she's simply amazing. And beautiful. And one thing you must see before you die. Once, twice and all the times you want. When it was built, it aroused fierce opposition. It was called "hollow candlestick" or "pitful lampost". Inagurated in 1889 for the World Fair, the Tour Eiffel became one of the best-known monuments on the planet. Key figures: 324m high 1,665 steps 2.5 million rivets 50 tonnes of paint needed to decorate it 20,000 light bulb that sparkle at the beginning of each hour.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
Beautiful pics, the layout of Paris is awesome.

Can't even remember the last time I've been there, I was about 7 years old.:(

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me Paris is too big to be beautifull...at least for someone who visited Paris only once (and stayed only 7 days). As you Singidunum said, it's size is scary! I think population is 6 million...God, that's like whole Albania!

Cheers,
Pavle

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, two Albanias...but soon it will be big as one Albania ;)

Cheers,
-Pavle

·
Stop the World...
830 Posts
Pavle said:
As you Singidunum said, it's size is scary! I think population is 6 million...God, that's like whole Albania!
Pavle
Paris stricto sensu, or intra-muros as we say = 2,2 M
Ile de France (something like the greater London) = 11 M

Whole Serbia :D

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually I don't know. I only know that Adolf made a picture of himself standing in front of the tower when Nazi army occupied Paris :colgate:

Very useful information, ha...

·
Stop the World...
830 Posts
Filip said:
^Palais Trocadero? I always called it the Palais Chaillot.
You're right :doh: :doh: but to me it has always been only "Le Troca" , hence my mistake.
Indeed, it's "Palais de Chaillot", the real "Palais du Trocadéro" was this "thing" : :puke:

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
yup, that's where I got an autograph of Der Kaiser during the World Cup
And another time a whole group of scots came with their kilts, and not much else :lol:
Anyway, you can clearly see where I lived, since you can see pretty much 60 km around :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts