SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 184 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Awesome. Thanks for that. We'll see how the teams respond and if it affects results and the general consistent standings we have seen set in in recent seasons..

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Here we go...then Daniel comes a cropper during final qualifying...so starts place 10...or maybe 15 with gearbox change ? Melbourne is magnificent as usual...this race should be forever here. Many races have the circuit as all it is but Melbourne has its location as a unique part of the attraction. We all get that Sydney has the Opera House and Bridge yet I ponder what location a circuit in Sydney could take such locations as backdrops...somewhat like when Sydney got the Olympics ? anyhow...Sydney is wonderful and Sydney but Melbourne is what it is and does most things very well...and puts on a good face, whatever the weather throws...planet Earth !
I only mention Sydney here as it was mentioned in media that they want to take the race ? Then so did Adelaide...and many other cities around the world...Nothing is permanent but most teams like what we give and what we are...see how it goes ?

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
What a wonderful event. Perfect, except Daniels misfortune, but that’s motor sport. Many Ferrari fans in Melbourne celebrate...probably Lygon St will be humming into the wee hours tonight !
How could this event leave Melbourne. Internationally it is unique, not just a track but a superb setting.
Perfect weather and I expect record crowds over the four days...What city has so many annual International major events ? We love it !...well, even if it is a minority of the total population 2017 celebrates minorities : )

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
2020 Australian Grand Prix...Friday morning with thousands lined up at gates...Entire event cancelled.

181 - 184 of 184 Posts