Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in Perth for the week to escape the chaos back home in the east.
And Schools out for winter. :)

These are a few images taken so far.

IMG_5306
by fabianamuso1984, on Flickr

IMG_4683

IMG_4664

IMG_4869

IMG_5104

IMG_4624

IMG_4816

IMG_4694 by fabianamuso1984, on Flickr

IMG_4888

IMG_4912

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Thanks for the pics Fab. Have you been enjoying your stay? Be sure to check out Kings Park for the best city views day and night if you haven't already.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did that today because the weather was bound to be perfect for it. I did research the weather forecasts to time where I go accordingly. As for going home, I go back tomorrow afternoon.

I'm uploading my photos to flickr to back up at the moment, and there is a backlog. Edited photos will come later.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kings Park

IMG_6232 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_6222
by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_6214

IMG_6211

IMG_6188A

IMG_6177

Big changes are due with the construction of Elizabeth Quay over the next few years.

IMG_6178

IMG_6203

IMG_6204

IMG_6217

IMG_6218

IMG_6234

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only went to the lookout to be honest because that was what interested me most. What I did like about Kings Park is that it is an urban oasis. It is nice and quiet relative to the humdrum of the city nearby. Even though it was a normal working day and a school day, I was amazed by the number of people in the park making the most of the nice winter weather.

The CAT buses certainly make getting there easier, which I used to get there.

·
I need to find myself
5,585 Posts
Yeah in Perth you work in the city 9-5 and drive home to your suburban house an hour away on the freeway.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
OK Fabs do tell. As an outsider visiting both Perth and Adelaide how do the two cities compare? Can you see similarities, which one did you prefer and why, as well as any other comments you can put forward?

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Perth streets certainly so seem quiet most of the te but it seems even more stark in photos. I'm struck by how quiet the streets are in Fans' photos, it doesn't seem like that walking around the city (on a weekday at least).

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really? I've only been once, many years ago & it was only a very brief 1 night stop so I don't know much about the place. Kings Park is very nice by the way.
OK, the photos were taken on weekdays. I was in the city for five days (Arrived Monday Morning, departed late Friday afternoon).

This was the one aspect of Perth that did take me by surprise the most. The busiest area of the city was around the cultural centre at Northbridge (State Library, Art Gallery and Museum) with a constant stream of people.

In the CBD proper, I was surprised at how the Murray Street and Hay Street Malls were so quiet throughout the day, apart from a rush of people between 12pm and 2pm. I'd be around that area aty 10am, and it easily resembled a weekend morning.

Compared to Adelaide, there seems to be more people walking the streets in Adelaide and I think its helped by the fact that in Adelaide, everything seems closer together, whereas the CBD in Perth is thinner and longer and that might be a turnoff. The rail line which separates the CBD and Northbridge is a barrier too though I hope projects like Kings Square encourage some sort of direct linkage between the two.

Also I was disappointed by the number of places to eat, especially in East Perth where I was staying. I actually opted for hotel food or had an early dinner in the CBD before heading back to my room

·
Registered
397 Posts
OK, the photos were taken on weekdays. I was in the city for five days (Arrived Monday Morning, departed late Friday afternoon).

This was the one aspect of Perth that did take me by surprise the most. The busiest area of the city was around the cultural centre at Northbridge (State Library, Art Gallery and Museum) with a constant stream of people.

In the CBD proper, I was surprised at how the Murray Street and Hay Street Malls were so quiet throughout the day, apart from a rush of people between 12pm and 2pm. I'd be around that area aty 10am, and it easily resembled a weekend morning.

Compared to Adelaide, there seems to be more people walking the streets in Adelaide and I think its helped by the fact that in Adelaide, everything seems closer together, whereas the CBD in Perth is thinner and longer and that might be a turnoff. The rail line which separates the CBD and Northbridge is a barrier too though I hope projects like Kings Square encourage some sort of direct linkage between the two.

Also I was disappointed by the number of places to eat, especially in East Perth where I was staying. I actually opted for hotel food or had an early dinner in the CBD before heading back to my room
Hardly the rave review Skymantle was expecting i bet lol.............. Also, there must be masses upon masses of people walking the streets of Adelaide. I visited Perth's CBD last Thursday and people were packed! Just saying.

·
WARREN
8,211 Posts
Nice photos Fabs - you did well to be there in nice weather. At first I saw those shots and thought "ahh I miss summer" :nuts: :yes:

·
Urban Athiest
Huh?
2,120 Posts
It's a bit bizarre, but the greatest concentration of hotels is in the quietest part of the city (East Perth).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts