Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good part of Brisbane. Very close yet laid back with a village atmosphere.

A few photos of the area.

Wynnum CBD

Port of Brisbane

Manly

Royal Yacht Club of Queensland

Fabs SE Queensland Series
Brisbane an Overview
An Afternoon at Mt Coot-tha
Brisbane in Black and White
Fortitude Valley (The Valley)
Ipswich
Ipswich - Making Progress
Streets of Brisbane
Redcliffe
West End
Broadbeach
Broadbeach #2
Burleigh Heads
Coolangatta
Q1 Visit
Surfers Paradise
Brisbane & Gold Coast aerials
Caloundra
Maroochydore

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
Thanks for the pics :)

Personally, I don't like any of the Brisbane bayside suburbs.
To me they look old and run down...
And the mud flats are revolting.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Thanks for that Fab.

Manly & Wynnum are quite nice, especially in good weather when the parks are full of people picniking. Rollarblading along the espanade is still quite popular too.

Manly is the better of the two suburbs, its more up-market but lacks the services that Wynnum has. Wynnum of course is much larger and has a more working class population being so close to the port. Both towns were origionally holiday vilages for Brisbane back before the Gold Coast, but now have merged with greater Brisbane.

J

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I haven't been to Wynnum in 5 years and I've never been to Manly, I go to the Gold Coast a million times yet I don't go to Manly which is so much closer for a look!

It looks like you got around on your trip in SEQ and got a full memory card ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I grew up in the Wynnum/Manly area and that place gave me a lot of fond memories :)
every month, we spend at least 1 sunday down the seaside

Sky_Is_The_Limit, you will be amazed to find that a lot of newly weds have their wedding photos taken down there

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
there was a news article a while ago, it was just saying that there is a very high percentage of poms living in the area, and that the area has taken has picked up quite a few english traits.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
there was a news article a while ago, it was just saying that there is a very high percentage of poms living in the area, and that the area has taken has picked up quite a few english traits.
I hope that you are not associating Celtic with English FFS, do please notice the very obvious flag flying out the front.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
can be quite a pleasant area, weather wasn't so good in those pics though makes it look slightly less appealing.

·
Modulator
1,208 Posts
Only visited Wynnum/Manly once before (in similar conditions) - the mud flats aren't terribly appealing, but I like Manly's main street winding up the hill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts