Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took these shots during a visit to St Leonards last week, my first visit to the suburb in five years.

There is some development currently taking place, mostly on the site of Royal North Shore hospital, where a major $1 billion redevelopment is currently taking place with a few highrises to be built on the site.

I took a fair few, so I will post them in installments.

Typical 90's Meriton highrise

In 2004, Security from IBM had issues with me taking photos even though it was on public land. No issues this time.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
some very tall towers in the first pic, and looks quite dense and urban, i like people walking in the streets, shows movement

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
St Leonards is quiet at street level, except at The Forum or the local pubs. At weekends it's dead.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Cool photos, thanks Fabian.
You seem to be obsessed with AKAI!

St Leonards is quiet at street level, except at The Forum or the local pubs. At weekends it's dead.
Yeah, all the street activities reside in Crows Nest side, 7-8 min walk from the station.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Part II

Meritons Veronne Apartment Complex
Comprises of 3 towers

Veronne Apartments (2001), 21 levels
Linea Tower (2002), 13 levels
Habitat (2003), 12 levels

St Leonards Railway Station

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
thanks for the info.

Haymarket really looks busy, i've seen the pics in your other thread, i would definitively love to see many more

and the AKAI building (which i suspect is a brutalist style building) looks very 60's and really outstands in the area, i think i like it

·
5,256 Posts
Part II

Meritons Veronne Apartment Complex
Comprises of 3 towers

Veronne Apartments (2001), 21 levels
Linea Tower (2002), 13 levels
Habitat (2003), 12 levels
Great pics Fabian! :)

Just a note that Linea and Habitat towers are not part of the Veronne Apartment complex - they are separate towers.

Linea was developed by Australand and is actually about 17 storeys if I remember correctly - you've taken a picture of its base - in the fifth photo.

There's no full photos of Habitat in there (although I see a little bit of the building in one of the shots), which is at 11-17 Chandos Street. It looks like this and was built by Greencliff (now Frasers Property):

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to get the information from skyscrapers.com. Skyscrapers in St Leonards are now categorised according to the local government area they are based in being North Sydney, Lane Cove and Willougbhy. Previously all buildings for St Leonards were all listed together.

From what I know St Leonards are is split this way

Lane Cove - South of Pacific Highway
North Sydney - East of the North Shore railway line
Willoughby - West of the North Shore railway line

But then why is Linea and Habitat listed as being in Willougbhy Council when they are located in the North Sydney Council area?

·
BrizGreek18
1,125 Posts
Cabramatta must be one of the busiest reginal centre in Sydney. It's surreal.
Yeah, Cabra is very busy, but thats because it's an Asian Community, same applys for Brisbane where Sunnybank is never empty and the Carparks are a living nightmare 24/7. I don't have a clue about Melbourne but i'm guessing its similar.

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I took these earlier this year.

IMG_7850 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7847 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7846 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7844 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7837 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7797 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7787 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7780 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7771 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7761 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7741 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7739 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7713 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7697 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7688 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

IMG_7678 by fabianamuso, on Flickr

·
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I cannot say. Generally the streets around the area (apart from the hospital) are devoid of people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts