Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ola amigos españoles!
I don't know how to write spanish very well so let me just stick to the english. :lol:
So I'm here to show you all a few photos of my town, right in the southern edge of Portugal, capital of the Algarve region. It has arround 60 000 inhabitants.
Faro is much different from all you can see in the rest of Algarve which is very turned to tourism so it's all hotels, resorts, beach etc... Faro doesn't have those features because it's envolved by a natural park "Ria Formosa" that isolates the city form the contact with the sea. It has a nice historic centre, although its riverfront could be better developted for restaurants, green areas and bars like all the other Algarve cities have. Instaid we have a railway that doesent enable the population and visitors to have nice walks near the lakes...
Anyway it's still a nice place to live and to visit so I hope you all like the pictures!

Google Earth

Visto do céu

Nos anos 50...

Doca e Jardim Manuel Bívar

Banco de Portugal:

Arco da Vila:

Mesericórdia:

Alfândega:

Centro de Ciência Viva (antiga central eléctrica a carvão):

Entrando pelo Arco da Vila, chega-se à Vila Adentro, o núcleo mais histórico da cidade.

Seminário:

Câmara Municipal:

Largo da Sé:

Paços do Concelho:

Museu de Nossa Senhora da Assumpção:

Castelo e Muralhas:

Vistas do Catelo

A Sé de Faro:

O Montenegro:

O museu visto de cima:

A Ria Formosa:

Na maré cheia:

Na maré vazia:

O Aeroporto:

O Largo de São Francisco:

Passeio Ribeirinho

Jardim da Alameda

Baixa

Outras

Palacete Belmarço:

Convento de São Francisco (convertido em Escola de Hotelaria):

Casa das Figuras:

Horta das Figuras:

Vivenda Marília:

Hospital Privado de Santa Maria:

Palacete Guerreirinho:

Igreja de São Pedro:

Igreja do Carmo

Café Aliança:

Arredores

·
Banned
4,399 Posts
El Miércoles yo visitaré Faro, el hilo me viene como anillo al dedo :D

Muito Obrigado!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just B E A U T Y F U L!!!

This September I'm visiting my sister who lives in Jerez de la Frontera (Cadiz) and we have thought we could go to Portugal 2 days, going one morning, seeing Faro and sleeping there and then leaving the next evening!! We weren't sure of doing that, but after seeing the pics you posted, I'm thinking seriously in that option!! I never thought Faro was so awesome!! Thanks very much. I'll tell you in a month or so when we are going and you could help me picking up a hotel, recomending me a good restaurant...
Thanks again!!! regards!!

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just B E A U T Y F U L!!!

This September I'm visiting my sister who lives in Jerez de la Frontera (Cadiz) and we have thought we could go to Portugal 2 days, going one morning, seeing Faro and sleeping there and then leaving the next evening!! We weren't sure of doing that, but after seeing the pics you posted, I'm thinking seriously in that option!! I never thought Faro was so awesome!! Thanks very much. I'll tell you in a month or so when we are going and you could help me picking up a hotel, recomending me a good restaurant...
Thanks again!!! regards!!
Hey! how enthusiastic!
If you really come, things you can do:
- Visit the Historic Centre (medieval centre - museums, art galleries...)
- Shopping in the "Baixa"
- Shopping in the Fórum Algarve (modern Shopping Centre)
- Take a boat near the castle walls, take a trip through the canals of Ria Formosa ending in "Ilha Deserta" (Desert Island) - it has a nice beach with few people because the boat is the only way to get there, and it has a nice restaurant.
- Go to Faro beach, you can go by car, it's close to the airport. It has some nice fish restaurants.

Hotels - as I said Faro hasn't got as many offers as the rest of the Algarve. You have Hotel Eva and Hotel Faro right in the centre, but you'll also find some other rooms arround the area.

Enjoy!! ;)

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Some pics of the islands and the Ria Formosa Natural Park (google)

Some pics of the Algarve

And here's a website with all the information you need in case you want to go to Ilha Deserta.
http://www.ilha-deserta.com/?lang=uk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts