Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your PERSONAL favorite country in the world for architecture? I know this is a very broad question and peoples opinions vary, so let's keep it nice. This is our opinion-its not a contest

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, I'll start. I think I would have to say it's a tie between France and Italy for me. More inovative architecture has come from Italy (Romans, etc) where as France, in my opinion, has built upon and perfected. I don't think there is any style of architecture more "copied" in the world than french-except maybe English. I like all three, lol:)

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,050 Posts
When it comes for High Rise-Residential Architecture, Brazil definately takes the cake INMHO. The apartments look distinct and the planners aren't afraid to use bold colors either, enhancing the look. The hieghts of these tower blocks doesnt hurt either.

But for Mass-produced housing stock, I would have to pick the USA. There are THOUSANDS of not TENS OF THOUSANDS of different ways to design your home, and so many elements to it too.

In terms of High Rise Office Buildings, we all know Hong Kong and Dubai would win this for sure.

However, my favorite architecture would have to be colonial architecture commonly found in Latin America, Brazil and some parts of Asia.

There are tons of architectural styles to mention but these happen to be my favorite aspects of them.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I love Britain for architectural diversity, some of its rubbish but the majority is gourgeous (especially the city halls). Also alot of countrys have British architecture in them anyway, and i love the way it adapts to include other styles (like Britain and the English language).

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Greece satisfies my archaeological tastes in an ancient sort of way. In a more modern sense, I'd have to say a few of East Asia's developed countries. I'm basing this on commercial grounds though, not residential.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Yep for me European countries. Britain has the best mix from victorian, georgian, edwardian, tudor etc with cathedrals, parishes, chruches, castles, forts mixed with modern skyscrapers, wheel's, office blocks etc.

No town is ever the same. Germany is a close second!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Spain, because the cities had the most beautiful buildings, such as the buildings in Gran Via madrid, and surrounding areas, also the area around Plaza Mayor, Toledo and Barcelona were very beautiful also. Second I say Italy, the architecture makes the country, especially in Rome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.