oh man i forgot BAP
if you want to choose bap whos
best designs - four seasons and premiere
and worst was -fortune house downtown

click other for bap

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
personally... i like borge's infinity one along with two... and architectonica's 500 brickell... besides that i agree wit most of your other stuff

voted for architectonica, tho individually some buildings of other architects might edge some architectonica buildings... theyre buildings are consistently stunning

although i think oppenheim's cube is amazing, one of the greatest things to come out of the boom

·
Registered
291 Posts
Arquitectonica is the best firm in Miami. Their early projects such as The Palace and The Atlantis are masterpieces. And their newer projects are getting better and better. Also Oppenheim is very cool, especially his newest project, Ten Museum Park.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
In my opinion Kobi Karp does the best job with small buildings (5 to 10 stories), Arquitectonica makes great 10-30 story buildings, and Oppenheim and BAP are the best for taller structures.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Morris Lapidus.
His architecture is whimsicle and pays great attention to human interaction with the space. He is definitely the
When the Wolfsonian museum had a lecuture series about the 5 most important architects in the Art Deco movement in the United States of America, Morris insisted that he do his own speech. He was over 90 years old!!!
One of the most important legal cases regarding property rights/air rights and how to implement setbacks concerned the Eden Rock and the Fountainbleu...both Morris Lapidus buildings. If you haven't ever heard the Fountainbleu expansion story, you should pick up "Too Much is Never Enough" Morris Lapidus' autobiography.
And, the next time you drive by the Fountainbleu...notice how there is one tall long brick wall on the North that totally blocks out the sun on the Eden Rock swimming pool. That addition was built after the Eden Rock began to take business away. There is only one window on the entire wall...and that is the window of the PH that was occupied by the owner of the Fountainbleau...he wanted to look down at his competitors swimming pool in shady afternoon!
As for living architects....Hands down....CARLOS OTT

·
Uncle Frank
17,522 Posts
canine7 said:
cohen freedman encinosa.

The gables marquis is their best

Most of their designs are very similar: Oakwood and The Mark in Brickell, Floridian and Portofino Beach Club in South Miami Beach, Grand Bay Residences and Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayne.

:)

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
canine7 said:
cohen freedman encinosa.
Wow...never thought that they would get a mention. Don't forget Brickell on the River with it's underwhelming spire.
:) Hillarious Nimby!.... I've given up on the talking about he reasons why Revuelta buildings are something special. If you don't get it...you don't get it.
Hey...can Carlos Ott count as a Miami Architect now that he will have 4 buildings in So Fla?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Roark said:
Wow...never thought that they would get a mention. Don't forget Brickell on the River with it's underwhelming spire.
:) Hillarious Nimby!.... I've given up on the talking about he reasons why Revuelta buildings are something special. If you don't get it...you don't get it.
Hey...can Carlos Ott count as a Miami Architect now that he will have 4 buildings in So Fla?
just givin ya hard time roark, u no i luv ya man

to each their own, i dont like him, and u do, tis all good

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
artech and ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts