SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Favorite city: Chicago. Favorite state: Wisconsin.

I love Chicago more than anything in the world, but I just can't endorse Illinois beyond the Chicagoland border.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Michigan, definatly. The west coast of Michigan is unbelievable. Wisconsin is a close 2nd. Props to Door County.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wisconsin is my favorite state....I don't know what it is about the place but everytime I am there I have SO much fun....favorite city is minneapolis

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
JB_Gold Coast said:

I love Chicago more than anything in the world, but I just can't endorse Illinois beyond the Chicagoland border.
agree...

2nd cloest to me is Michigan, although I never went to the UP before or Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore

·
Registered
210 Posts
My favorite city is Milwaukee. I would say chicago along with the rest of you but I've never been there.

My favorite state is Wisconsin, no real surprise there but I will say Minnesota is a close second. As for the rest of the states I've either never visited them or for very long to really get to know them good enough.

·
Registered
279 Posts
for nature Michigan, for cities Chicago...oops Illinois...for cheese, Wisconsin, for goverment, Minnesota, for views of Chicago, Indiana, for rivers, Missouri, for apple pie, Ohio, for pumpkin pie, Iowa.

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Southern accents in the South-Great lakes accent in the North.
Flat lands in the Northwest-Appalacian foothills in the southeast.
Prairies, forests, caves, Island chain out in Lake Erie, Cool Amish citizens, Awesome state park system and highway signs in English and Metric :yes:

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
JB_Gold Coast said:

yep. that pretty much sums it up. chicago rules the universe, but illinois is hardly the best state in the midwest when all things are considered. for their beautiful natural areas, it's a toss-up for me between wisconsin and michigan.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts