SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's all well and good having massive new stadia being built,but what about the small ones??? i'm talking anout stadiums with a capacity under 20,000

i found this one a couple of days ago, it's in poland, the Korona Kielce Stadion has a capacity of 15,500 and only cost £9-10 million (48million polish money)

it puts alot of new stadiums to shame imho..

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Parkstad Limburg stadion
Roda JC Kerkrade
Holland
Cap +/- 19 500

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
In the Netherlands there are alot of nice little stadiums... (nice little country eeey)
Here goes The Euroborg stadium from FC Groningen
cap 20 000

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
and a classic in Holland,
S P A R T A (eeh Sparta,) Rotterdam, the Castle/ Het kasteel or preferered by the sponsor Eneco Stadium, but it is 'het Kasteel' you'll see why
cap about 11 500

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
Hui Wäller? Allemol!
2,614 Posts
Let's see what we got in Germany :)

BayArena Leverkusen - 22.500

Playmobilstadion Fürth - 15.500

Generali Sportpark Unterhaching - 15.000

there are not really beautiful small stadiums here :( most of the smaller ones are old and round and with track lines

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
I quite like our little stadium here in Herning, DK. A bit ordinary, but still nice. It's called SAS Arena, and it has a capacity of just 11.809 (7.409 seats), but that's okay for a town this size. It's was built in 2003-2004 and the price was some 11,5 million €. A few of my photos:

·
×××
879 Posts
Other nice little stadia in NL:

DSB Stadion - Alkmaar (16.000 seats)

Rat Verlegh Stadion - Breda (17.000 seats)

it seems ordinary but the corners are beatiful:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Stade de la licorne - Amiens - France (11 875 p.)

Man this is a funny one haha, is it real? Is it located on a place where the wind is always very strong? Yep this is a one time only for sure!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
FC Twente in Holland/NL
cap 13 500

I hope soon it will not fitt this thread anymore because they have planns to expand to 36 000 (the same goes for the AZ Alkmaar stadium by the way...)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stade Louis II - Monaco (18 521 p.)

Yes the Stade de la licorne is real, he was built in 1999. I have never saw it in reality but i am a fan :nuts:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Man this is a funny one haha, is it real? Is it located on a place where the wind is always very strong? Yep this is a one time only for sure!

Actually de la licorne is getting a younger brother in Grenoble same concept 20000 seats there's aspecific thread on the forum and it's looking really nice

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I agree with davidkunz/VIE

if build the waterfront stadium in downtown Vancouver is going to be the absolute bonker. the location is awsome, the design is simple functional and brilliant and the view will be incredible!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's not built yet but the new Artevelde stadium of KAA Gent (Belgium) will be a beauty. It will have a capacity of 20000 seats and it will be finished at the end of 2007.

My top 5 is:
1. Vancouver Whitecaps Waterfront Stadium
2. Artevelde Stadium
3. DSB Stadium
4. Stade Louis II
5. Bayarena

1 - 20 of 466 Posts