Skyscraper City Forum banner
41 - 60 of 466 Posts

·
Just a freak
3,101 Posts
Quite a few people note the title - the best small football stadiums. So, please, do not post all of them in a post, but try to stick to the best ones only.

To me, smaller grounds have much more atmosphere. They are not so commercial as the new giants, which look like malls where, occasionally, there could be some football played.

I personally like the Dutch ones - neat and having character. The new ground lack character, they're so similar.

Here are mine less known favourites:

Saturn, Russia - 18500

Salzburg, Austria - 18682

Talinn - 8700

Szusza Ferenc Stadion, Budapest - 13501

Stadion Miejski, Kielce - 14600

·
LIBERTINED
45,426 Posts
A nice football stadium in my region (Rostock / Mecklenburg-Western Pommerania in East-Germany); 20'000 seats :)

Next to it: The old stadium

So, I think that were enough pics, weren't they? :lol:

·
×××
885 Posts
Personally, one of my favourite small stadiums is De Koel, the stadium of VVV-Venlo. It has 6,000 seats.

Over here, it seems ordinary small, right?

But check this:

A bit extraordinary but certainly beautiful!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Estadio Sanchez Menor
UD Puertollano (Spain)
6.500 aprox.

At May 2007, starts de construction of "Nuevo Cerrú" Stadium, with 10.000 seats. The next month, it's show the renders of new stadium. UD Puertollano plays in spanish 2ª Division "B", group I, and actually is 2nd classified.

·
Used User
4,047 Posts
I quite like our little stadium here in Herning, DK. A bit ordinary, but still nice. It's called SAS Arena, and it has a capacity of just 11.809 (7.409 seats), but that's okay for a town this size. It's was built in 2003-2004 and the price was some 11,5 million €. A few of my photos:

You got any pictures from the stadiums main entrance?
Let's hope FCM (or OB) will win the danish championsship this year;)

·
oemoemenemoe
1,496 Posts
A nice football stadium in my region (Rostock / Mecklenburg-Western Pommerania in East-Germany); 20'000 seats :)

So, I think that were enough pics, weren't they? :lol:
Did they re-use the lighting setup? They look eerily similar.'

Also, for the love of god, stop posting all those crap Dutch and Belgian 2nd league stadiums. They're shit.

·
Amat victoria curam...
66 Posts
Well I'm maybe a bit biased seeing as this is my club, but it fits the criteria (just)...

The Den, London - Capacity 20,000
Home of Millwall F.C. (currently sitting 19th in England's third tier :eek:hno: ):

Also some of the smaller MLS stadiums in the states are looking quite smart, such as Toyota Park (20,000) in Chicago:

Bit if I'm honest, Monaco's Stade Louis II is probably still the best sub-20,000 stadium that I know of, even with the athletics track:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Well I'm maybe a bit biased seeing as this is my club, but it fits the criteria (just)...

Home of Millwall F.C. (currently sitting 19th in England's third tier :eek:hno: ):

I remember Danny Baker complaining once that the New Den had started to fall apart after 3 or 4 years because the builders had used cheap materials... Is that true?

Nice little ground. Back in the heady days of Championship Manager (version 2 I think), I had a lovely picture of the ground that I had amended to fill in the corners. Looked very nice. At that point I had a bit of a soft spot for Millwall (took them to 2nd in the Premiership too). I've grown out of it now though, and hate them like the rest of the world. I think Denis Wise had something to do with it, and Mark McGhee.

·
Under Construction
541 Posts
There aint many major stadiums in Australia that are sub 20k but here's a few around the mark...

Parramatta Stadium - (western) Sydney - 20,000

Central Coast Stadium - Gosford - 20,000

Hindmarsh Stadium - Adelaide - 16,500

·
Reasons To Be Cheerful
552 Posts

I always thought that something like The Den is what the IFA should have tried / be trying to do with Windsor Park. It's a simple design, doesn't require a lot of space and is about the right capacity.

I've always liked The Den for some reason. Just seems devoid of the superfluity of many other stadia, while still looking reasonably modern.

41 - 60 of 466 Posts