SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 466 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
No offence, but most of these stadiums are between crap and OK. Not one stadium here that you'd say "yeah that's nice". But there's gotta be one. I can't think of any 20k< ones but something like this is a quality stadium although it's 25k or so:

Sorry but it has to be said, these stadiums are crap. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I think a mod should give you a yellow card for busting the law, you gangster!!!
But I think you should look better there are defuantly some good stadiums in the list, even better then the one you put in (ugly roof...) but that's a matter of taste I guess

·
Banned
71 Posts
I think a mod should give you a yellow card for busting the law, you gangster!!!
But I think you should look better there are defuantly some good stadiums in the list, even better then the one you put in (ugly roof...) but that's a matter of taste I guess
Well no, I really think all these stadiums are OK at best and most are crap.... Mind you I only like a few grounds: Bernabeu (this is A+++++ love this one), Ibrox, Nou Camp, New Wembley, San Siro, Dragao in Porto, the Munich ground and that's about it. Don't care for Emirates or most of the new stadiums in Germany. Old Trafford looks like crap with those corners. I'm fussy, so sue me!

As for the Reebok, the roof is great! That's what makes the ground.
:cheers:

·
I need coffee.
1,442 Posts
I always thought that something like The Den is what the IFA should have tried / be trying to do with Windsor Park. It's a simple design, doesn't require a lot of space and is about the right capacity.

I've always liked The Den for some reason. Just seems devoid of the superfluity of many other stadia, while still looking reasonably modern.
Almost sounds like you are talking about this Den...

Joking of course. Would have been something to see a game in something like this back in the day.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
uncle ben is right...theres a hell of alot of shyte being posted up:eek:hno: but i'll have to pull uncle ben up on the reebok........it's well over the 20,000 capacity limit

·
Registered
91 Posts
A nice football stadium in my region (Rostock / Mecklenburg-Western Pommerania in East-Germany); 20'000 seats :)
Rostock, dear Erbsenzähler, is a tricky cheat. Yes, it has 20.000 seats (21.000 to be precise), but in addition some 8.000 standing places, what makes it unsuitable to our ranking. Good try anyway!

Next to it: The old stadium
What is not correct, the old stadium was replaced by the new one (that's why the flood light could be used again). The football ground with the athletic tracks is just a training site.

Quite a few people note the title - the best small football stadiums. So, please, do not post all of them in a post, but try to stick to the best ones only.

Talinn - 8700

Stadion Miejski, Kielce - 14600
Good answer (much shit indeed in this thread), some excellent choices!

Vancouver: IMHO not steep enough, especially smaller people sitting in one of the lower seats should have problems to look over their foremans head and therefore have a quite poor view onto the pitch (the same problem with the Emirates, btw.)

Molde, Norway
One of my absolute favourites, too!

Beautiful situation just between fjord and mountains:

Nice also the inside, two tiers for 11.200 spectators...

Dutch Stadia: Some are great, like Kerkrade or Alkmaar, but most of the older ones look quite poor and would be outscored by most more actual stadia of their size, like

Stavanger

or
Viborg

853 Posts
Dutch Stadia: Some are great, like Kerkrade or Alkmaar, but most of the older ones look quite poor and would be outscored by most more actual stadia of their size
I am sure you don't know too much about Dutch stadiums
All stadiums here are not much older than 10 years.or at least rebuild in the last 10 years, excpet The Hague,which has a stadium U/C right now.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Stade Charlety (20,000) in Paris

The new stadium Auguste Delaune (22,000) under construction in Reims:

Stade Bonal (20,000) in Sochaux:

Stade Marcel Picot (20,000) in Nancy:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I'm maybe a bit biased seeing as this is my club, but it fits the criteria (just)...

The Den, London - Capacity 20,000
Home of Millwall F.C. (currently sitting 19th in England's third tier :eek:hno: ):

Bit if I'm honest, Monaco's Stade Louis II is probably still the best sub-20,000 stadium that I know of, even with the athletics track:

No one like us we don't care, we are Millwall, super Millwall, we are Millwall from the DEN :cheers:
I like the New Den,but I loved the (old) DEN!

I like the Louis II,but I hate the athletic rings in a football stadium

81 - 100 of 466 Posts