SkyscraperCity banner

161 - 180 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Chilean stadiums are incredible! lately the government is refurbishing the most of the sport building.I like specially the Becker Stadium of Temuco, cause I live in there:D

·
Colonia Pietas Julia
658 Posts
Looks like a bit more than few months to me my friend...
Oh no, they have to finish it in few months due to terms of the contract. Btw, the stadium is in reconstruction, only this tribune is new, others are old.
The first phase should be done until the end of september. And the whole project (first and second phase) untill the end of this year.

·
dawao
871 Posts
The North Stand at Windsor Park is almost a replica of the stands at The Den and the new Alex Russel stand is very similiar, only it is a one tier stand, with an upper and lower section divided by a wall, rather than by a tier split.

The IFA is current discussing two main options for the future of international football in Northern Ireland, niether of which involve Windsor Park;

The first is the proposed stadium at the Maze, but with a proposed capacity of 42,000 and with a lower deck with filled corners, it seems utterly useless as a national stadium for the IFA - capacity is too large and segregation, due to the problems in Northern Irish football, would be incredibly difficult.

The other more logical option is another proposed stadium in the Ormeau Park, just across the river from central Belfast - with a proposed capacity of between 20,000 and 25,000 and four main stands, this seems a much more realistic prospect and would like bring Ulster Rugby on board, as they are slowly outgrowing the limitations of their ground, Ravenhill, which only has a capacity of 12,500, but routinely has much greater demand for tickets.

However, given the fact that The Maze stadium seems to be floundering and losing considerable support, especially given a recent comparative study between it and other white elephants (mostly, Del Alpi), and the relative uncertainty about whether or not the Belfast City stadium will go ahead, I think the IFA should be looking at replacing the two remaining stands at Winsdor, given increasingly stringent UEFA controls reducing the capacity all the time. With appropriate plans, this could easily be completed with no real drop (about 200 seats and no more) in capacity - with three developed ends, Windsor would have a capacity of about 17,000 (as opposed to 14,000 now) allowing the south stand to be demolished and corporate hospitality built into it.

Stadium at Ormeau Park

If the 20,000 capacity option is followed, the Ormeau Stadium would surely have to be added to the best small stadia in the world.
this design has the same design with the new stadium in taiwan. it will be used in the world games

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keskuskenttä - Rovaniemi, Finland

Capacity 3400

Susivouti - Rovaniemi, Finland

Capacity ~2000

Both stadiums are home of Finnish premier league football club RoPS (Rovaniemen Palloseura). RoPS is currently playing in Susivouti because of the city is installing artificial turf to Keskuskenttä.

·
Euro 2012 Poland-Ukraine
1,652 Posts
Dynamo Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine (Capacity 16,888)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Parc Y Scarlets (14,870)
Home to the Llanelli Scarlets of the Magners League (Rugby Union) and also plays host to the odd Welsh National Football Team game.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My favourite in Poland so far:

Cap: 15.500
Stadium: Arena Kielce

·
Pura Vida!
102 Posts
Some Costa Rican stadiums:
Capacity: 17.895
Stadium: Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto