Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been done before, but what is your favourite building/structure in Sheffield?

For me it's the Arts Tower. I also like the Red University of Sheffield building just up the road from the Arts Tower.

·
do me bad things
7,551 Posts
I'm probably between the City Hall and Winter Gardens. I love 30's architecture anyway!

My missus said she like the Lyceum, and I can totally see where she's coming from, because as well as being a lovely looking building, it's also absolutely stunning inside!

·
Steelyblade
826 Posts
I really like the debenhams building on the moor..................................................................... just joking, though all it needs is a spruce to look decent again.

I think my favourite would have to be the Arts Tower it has the presence like all good towers that barring structural difficulty it should be here for many years to come.

·
18,104 Posts
god this is difficult. I would probably say the winter gardens but there are so many others that fit the same category for me

·
Registered
72 Posts
My favourite building is Parkhill Flats, merely from a historical and interest point of view.

Probably extremely controversial of me but I think the Sugar Cube/ cheesegrater is fantastic!

I also love the red brick Sheffield University building (Firth Court) as it makes such a wonderful contrast between the old and the new. Just don't let old Charlie Boy hear me say that lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I also like the carpark. I'm not too sure about Park Hill flats though, some days i think i like them and others i don't.

·
E = MC²
5,552 Posts
I really like the Wicker arches.
It is an astounding piece of infrastructure which dominates a large area, and is full of fascinating relics and history. Coupled with the spital tunnel and the Royal Victoria Hotel and approach ramp, it tells a tale of a time of building and optomism. And now from its new neighbour the ring road we can now see it from even more angles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts