Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyones favourite hotels(prefferible ones you've stayed at)? They don't nessersarily have to be 5 star architectural wonders, could be something with alot of character or with a great location.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Most places I've been to, I cannot remember which hotel I stayed at - sometimes I'll stay in two or more hotels in the same city, so these are the best of the lot.

Stayed at the following for more than three days consecutively
Bali Intercontinental Jimbaran Resort
Paris Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Kota Kinabalu Shangri-la Rasa Ria Resort
Chicago Hilton
Singapore Oriental
Bangkok Marriott

Stayed at the following for less than three days consecutively, although accumulated stay over the years may exceed three days
Hong Kong Island Shangri-La
Hong Kong The Excelsior
Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental (pre/post renovation)
Goa Leela Palace Hotel
Mumbai Taj

Resorts and hotels must really be seperated, so I'd say the Best Hotel I've stayed at was the Chicago Hilton, with the Paris Four Seasons and Singapore Oriental a close second tie, whereas the Bali Intercontinental is a runaway leader for the Best Resort. Kinabalu's Shangri-La Rasa Ria comes second.

·
125,316 Posts
I prefer serviced apartments, which are long-stay hotels but with kitchens, living/dining room, and separate bedroom. I particularly liked Lanson Place in Kuala Lumpur and the serviced apartment I stayed in New York (US$3000+/month).

·
17,922 Posts
Why is it that my favourite hotels lie within The Strip in Las Vegas ;)

My favourite LV ones

1) New York New York
2) Paris
3) MGM Grand
4) Venetian
5) Bellagio

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
When I travel is almost always to Mexico City and my favorite hotel there is the Habita. Small, trendy, well located and not that expensive...

·
17,922 Posts
When I travel is almost always to Mexico City and my favorite hotel there is the Habita. Small, trendy, well located and not that expensive...

I like those contemporary designs. BTW, how is the hotel rated? Is it 4 star?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts