SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Clean-shaven and foolish
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which dining establishments get you all moist under the old cookie-duster?

I went to the (relatively) new Room Restaurant a few weeks ago (well St Paddy's Day to be exact) - in the splendid Reform club building.

I was a tad worried it was going to be snooty and pretentious, but it was nothing of the sort. The service was really good, with the waitors and waitresses being genuinely friendly and willing to please, and the food was really nice - the tuna steak was triffic.

But the real star of the evening was building - even a ludicrously large lightshade couldn't overshadow (ahthankyou!) the fine old gent...

·
Clean-shaven and foolish
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and Croma is an old favourite too! Cheap yet classy - like the perfect woman!

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Croma is top , so is The Restaraunt Bar and Grill.
Got to be the Ghurka Grill on Burton Road, Didsbury for me though!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Lounge 10.

Lounge 10 on Tib Lane just around the corner from Croma, has to be my favourite

http://www.lounge10manchester.com/

It's an independant, which always scores well with me. It's on 3/4 different levels, they usually have somebody singing live 'Sinatra' style classics whilst wandering around the floors, a magician whilst you wait for your courses and a clairvoyant in the bathrooms. I know it sounds perhaps a little tacky, but it isn't. It's done really well. The interior is great too- the tables all have big black table cloths draped over them, as do the chairs and it has a very individual but rather decadent design throughout. Not the cheapest, but IMO the best.

Close second, is the Northern Quarter Bar and Restaurant.

http://www.manchester-eating.com/12047.htm
(this is not their homepage)

It's not as expensive, they regularly change the menu and is the best restaurant in Manchester for feeling instantly at ease IMO. Great place for a first date!

Croma is great cause you don't have to (indeed can't) book.

The Room in Leeds is fantastic!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
The Koffee Pot on Stevenson Square, Northern Quarter.

That place RULES! It's been an institution for the discerning bohemian set (artists, DJs, musicians, writers, scrawny Manc characters, slackers, students, etc) for absolutely yonks now. Long may it reign. And it's cheap as chips too. You'll always find me there! :)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Rusholme Friday night at 2am, then a few beers in the Press Club... kicking out at 6am... solicitors letter from the wife on Monday.

Top night out that cost me ten grand I recall.....

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Martin G said:
The Koffee Pot on Stevenson Square, Northern Quarter.

That place RULES! It's been an institution for the discerning bohemian set (artists, DJs, musicians, writers, scrawny Manc characters, slackers, students, etc) for absolutely yonks now. Long may it reign. And it's cheap as chips too. You'll always find me there! :)
Ey Martin , try the Soup Kitchen over the road ,,,bloody lovely :)

·
DJ MedZ
2,506 Posts
Spicy Hut - in Rusholme.. 1st curry house after Sangam next to the car wash opposite Garage.. Im a big curry head, u name it weve been to all the best..
the fantastic East z East, Sangam, Nawaab, Safron - Shimla Pinks - which is over rated n expensive for what you get..Ashoka.. you name it ive tried em all and
SPICY HUT rules - believe me its fantastic.. East z east is very good but there is more variety at Spicy Hut n its less formal and less expensive...I could talk about spicy hut all night its that good.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Nah - sorry manmed, you can keep your pile em high Rushlome-in Rusholme-out curry houses - the Ghurka Grill tops them all.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
We've had favourite Manchester sculptures and now favourite restaurants - what next?
Favourite Manchester girls who we wish we could have shagged but never have (or will do)?

·
van het noorden
1,723 Posts
The Belal in Stalybridge opposite the bus station and Cosmo Bingo. £3.95 for a chicken jalfrezi, 2 popadoms, lime pickle and some mango chutney. Naan is extra

I have my own table, you know :cheers:

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
frozenmusic said:
Anyone else?
eh up macc lads, we are here
shag your women and sup your beer
with a pint of boddies, and a dead fit crack
we are the lads that come from macc!

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Sadly my idea of a night out nowadays is a packet of cheesy puffs and a bottle of fizzy vimto sat in my car on an industrial estate in Runcorn after ive had a row with the wife.
Also they dont let me in restaurants mostly - something to do with 'health risk' or some such thing!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Why on earth is that? Do you have bad body odour problems or summat? Maybe you were a head-banger in a previous life, smelling of patchouli oil! :lol:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts