SkyscraperCity banner

Who will you vote for in the House of Representatives?

• Labor

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • L/NP

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • One Nation

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • IND/Other

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Green

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4021 - 4036 of 4036 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
Another ALP scandal, sounds like the other ALP MP's are glad to see him go.

Shaoquett Moselmane had spent his 11-year political career out of the spotlight.

But that all changed yesterday when federal agents raided his home and office and confused NSW Labor MPs speculated about how their unassuming colleague had ended up at the centre of an investigation into international espionage.

"Goodbye and good riddance — he was a menace," one MP told the ABC, as Australian Federal Police (AFP) officers interviewed Mr Moselmane in his office nearby.

Mr Moselmane's Labor Party membership was yesterday suspended amid allegations Chinese government agents had infiltrated his office.

It's getting harder to see the point of the modern ALP. Can they still be the workers party, especially in blue collar industries and try to appease the inner city lefty vote?

I wonder if before too long the Greens will become the dominant left leaning party in Australia.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
The ALP and its members have certainly had a very close relationship with the CCP for many years going back as far as Bob Carr. You certainly have to question their allegiance to Australia.

·
Registered
757 Posts
And with deserting their blue collar base to chase pet ideological issues that target inner city green elite, they are becoming increasingly irrelevant and extreme. LNP and Minor parties are capturing their disaffected blue collar voters. And the ALP move from one scandal to the next. They have an existential identity crisis.

·
21,892 Posts
Do you guys only look at the negatives of Labor and the positives of the LNP?

Yes, there are big issues with the Labor Party, but I doubt I could argue that as a collective, they have greater issues than the Liberals.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Yes, there are big issues with the Labor Party, but I doubt I could argue that as a collective, they have greater issues than the Liberals.
The Chinese communist infiltration into the ALP goes quite deep though. Paul Keating and Bob Carr are well known defenders of the CCP and Sam Dastyari was in so deep he lost his position as a senator. Shaoquett Moselmane is just the latest infiltrator exposed and he was also responsible for raising funds from China for both Anthony Albanese and Tony Burke for their election campaigns.
This seems to affect the NSW and Victorian branches more deeply than other states with Dan Andrews and Tim Pallas signing up the the belt and road CCP roadmap and also essentially taking Beijings side with regards the punitive sanctions against Australian beef and Barley, not to mention the ongoing cyber attacks.
The ALP to be trustworthy really does need to purge many of these people from its ranks.
I don't intend to spend time here though in a to and fro discussion for several pages as seems to happen on other issues thus making this one of the duller threads in the forum. ;)

·
21,892 Posts
The Chinese communist infiltration into the ALP goes quite deep though. Paul Keating and Bob Carr are well known defenders of the CCP and Sam Dastyari was in so deep he lost his position as a senator. Shaoquett Moselmane is just the latest infiltrator exposed and he was also responsible for raising funds from China for both Anthony Albanese and Tony Burke for their election campaigns.
This seems to affect the NSW and Victorian branches more deeply than other states with Dan Andrews and Tim Pallas signing up the the belt and road CCP roadmap and also essentially taking Beijings side with regards the punitive sanctions against Australian beef and Barley, not to mention the ongoing cyber attacks.
The ALP to be trustworthy really does need to purge many of these people from its ranks.
I don't intend to spend time here though in a to and fro discussion for several pages as seems to happen on other issues thus making this one of the duller threads in the forum. ;)

Yet again, ignoring Chinese CCC influence in the Liberal Party.

I'm not saying either party is perfect, but you seem to be on this issue.
Gladys Liu is also only the tip of the iceberg.

·
Registered
757 Posts

ALP are currently going from scandal to scandal both in state and federal. Are we not allowed to discuss these by themselves?

·
21,892 Posts
ALP are currently going from scandal to scandal both in state and federal. Are we not allowed to discuss these by themselves?
The fact that you call it going from scandal to scandal (when it's only a couple and one of them happened about 6 months ago), sure, but only if Labor is unique in that.

As I said, there are big problems in Labor and big problems in the LNP.

It's not like Gladys Liu had a Chinese spy at big fundraising events, or is cagey about where all her money comes from now, is it ;)

She's also not the only one.

·
Environmental Busybody
9,711 Posts
Have had nothing to say about the numerous Liberal scandals in the last few years. Never anything to say that approaches any kind of self reflection.

·
Premium Member
8,707 Posts
The standard tactic seems to be to scream out the other side has scandals too. And they do, but nothing to compare to the scale of possible foreign interference, or organised branch stacking, fake members, etc we see on a regular basis by the ALP.

I always feel that each ALP MP, state or federal, owes someone for their seat. They are put in place by a power broker and expected to vote accordingly to the factions wishes. Coalition MP's have far more freedom and are less under someone else's control. When you mix in all the corrupt ways those power brokers, faceless men, etc operate it puts the ALP MP's in an unfortunate position and open to outside influence..

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I watched the press conference by Moselmane he is not happy and reckons he has done nothing wrong. People need to be also wary of the powers and transparency of Dutton, ASIO and the Federal Police. Obviously there needs to be an investigation amid allegations his office had been infiltrated by a Chinese government agent but the show they put on with the raids reeks of grandstanding and political bias.

4021 - 4036 of 4036 Posts