1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Stockholm rules!
1,740 Posts
This is going to be a major benefit for Scandinavia! Great! :D

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
Maps I've accessed through this site indicate a proposed high-speed rail link by this route (not via Jutland!)

What's going over this bridge? Road alone, or road & rail, like the crossing to Malmo? The image suggests both.

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
^^ Good!

Since you can already get to Copenhagen from Continental Europe on road/rail via Jutland and the Great & Little Belt Bridges (sorry to use the English there!)

Is the principal justification for this expense

• reduction of travelling time
  • increased capacity
  • redundancy (i.e. there's still a bridge if one fails or is closed for maintenance)

·
Used User
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
  • reduction of travelling time
  • increased capacity
  • redundancy (i.e. there's still a bridge if one fails or is closed for maintenance)
That's also the reason why they are talking about a bridge from Zealand via Samsø to Jutland (an Århus).
mlm illustreted is pretty good here:

The red are existing bridges.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,894 Posts
^No unfortunatly the Danish Goverment can only handle one project at a time - and each one takes around 10 years - so it will all be built, but just not in our lifetime :D

( we need some Chinese determintion - man they get things done ASAP )

Atleast it's good to know I'll save a few hours travelling by TRAIN some 40 years from now.. I mean why use the hover car when there's TRAINS :D

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
^No unfortunatly the Danish Goverment can only handle one project at a time - and each one takes around 10 years - so it will all be built, but just not in our lifetime :D

( we need some Chinese determintion - man they get things done ASAP )

Atleast it's good to know I'll save a few hours travelling by TRAIN some 40 years from now.. I mean why use the hover car when there's TRAINS :D
I reckon you've done OK for a nation of 5 million or so.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts