SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Originally posted by Cliff

Also, Singapore's shape resembles a crab, and a red crab is a dead crab, so the government started planting trees to make Singapore "live" again.:)
Oh....I actually tot the best permanent solution was to reclaim our way into a new shape!! :D

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
?? So the crab claws are supposed to be facing south?

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Originally posted by RafflesCity

yup..and the mouth of the crab is around the CBD area:cool:
Er..any graphic representration of that? Somehow the crab shape dosent seem to figure! :D

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Huh...the claws so small and the rest of the island so big for the body?? :D

·
Registered
11,786 Posts

Would be freaky if the shape of the island actually resembled a crab 100% isnt!:moods:
Haha..but a bette resemblance would make better sense rite? :) I prefer the analogy of the dove which i saw in a fengshui book. :cool:

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Originally posted by huaiwei

Haha..but a bette resemblance would make better sense rite? :) I prefer the analogy of the dove which i saw in a fengshui book. :cool:
Thats the first I heard, did they mention anything on how that affects the destiny of SG?

·
Registered
11,786 Posts

Thats the first I heard, did they mention anything on how that affects the destiny of SG?
I dont think so, but there was a graphic of a dove over the island, and it looks damn perfect! :D

The head is where the CBD is lah, and it explains why the MRT route was good, coz it is like the three main arteries of the bird. That was before the woodlands extension appeared, of coz. ;)

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
The head is at the city (the beak facing the east), the tail is the that area up in the north between Kranji and Seletar rivers. One wing goes to the west and folds up towards Lim Chu Kang. The other goes towards Changi. ;)

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Originally posted by Cliff

Btw, if the new reclamed land is removed, then where would be the claws?
Not sure, but I know the Singapore River and kallang river form part of the mouth area of the crab....hmmm..

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
So it only become a crab thanks to recaimation? Fengshui is so odd! :bash: :D

·
Lurker
14,057 Posts
The Gateway at Beach Road has affected the feng shui of the buildings nearby.

The Parkview Square ,if you notice ,is perfectly framed by the twin towers.This is to avoid the sharp edges from runnung into it.But ,unfortunately ,The Gateway East's edge runs into the Raffles Hospital.

The Concourse's characteristic mulit-faceted façade has something to do with Jalan Sultan running into it.

The same goes with Balestier Point's dizzying multi-recessing façade.

·
arkitect
1,323 Posts
Originally posted by redstone

The Concourse's characteristic mulit-faceted façade has something to do with Jalan Sultan running into it.
Hmm..... I thought Concourse's design was just another Paul Rudolph's trademark facade. You can spot an almost similar building in Jakarta but scaled down. Then there's also the former Lippo building in HK. Different facade finishing but similar form.

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Originally posted by redstone

The same goes with Balestier Point's dizzying multi-recessing façade.
Whats wrong with Jalan Sultan and does it run into Balestier Point too?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts