SkyscraperCity banner

So what will it be?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The voting has pretty much stopped on the other thread, so this is it .

I'm sure everyone one knows what is going on at this point, so lets just finish this up.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
C.C.B.P. for me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i'm really sorry, but whats this all about, can someone please point me in the right direction. thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There was a good idea in the other thread. How about dropping one of the c's from CCBP? It could then either be Citizens or Chicagoans for Better Planning: CBP. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
502 Posts
CPD said:
There was a good idea in the other thread. How about dropping one of the c's from CCBP? It could then either be Citizens or Chicagoans for Better Planning: CBP. What do you guys think?

CPD, those are reasonable suggestions. Actually, at the last meeting, on April 20th, the group specifically discussed each of those name options, i.e., "Citizens for Better Planning" and "Chicagoans for Better Planning."

The consensus of the group was that the name should have the word 'Chicago' in it somewhere. Thus, the group "Citizens for Better Planning" was not specific enough.

The discussion about "Chicagoans for Better Planning" was a bit different. This name identified the group more specifically, but some members did not feel that the word 'Chicagoans' was a very good word. It is all a matter of preference rather than being right or wrong, I guess. We ultimately decided to not have this name on the ballot.

Please, anyone who was at the meeting, correct me if I am wrong about any the above account. I am not saying the matter is closed and I defer to the group as to whether reconsideration of the above names is advisable.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
NearNorthGuy said:
CPD, those are reasonable suggestions. Actually, at the last meeting, on April 20th, the group specifically discussed each of those name options, i.e., "Citizens for Better Planning" and "Chicagoans for Better Planning."

The consensus of the group was that the name should have the word 'Chicago' in it somewhere. Thus, the group "Citizens for Better Planning" was not specific enough.
It wasn't about specifics. In fact, I recall it was agreed that "Citizen" and "Chicagoan" were essentially interchangable.

I'm for keeping it Chicago for now, as it purposefully limits the scope to Chicago and not any of the suburbs. When we've developed more, then we should add new territory.

·
Registered
502 Posts
blackhawk08 said:
i'm really sorry, but whats this all about, can someone please point me in the right direction. thanks.
To blackhawk08 (and other interested forum members):

Thanks for your interest. Just go back a few pages to look at the other threads about starting a "New Organization." Please read about the goals of the organization in these other threads.

You can also read some of the more recent threads about a "Primary" election and an "organizational vote" for the name of the new group. We are in the midst of our final runoff election, as you can see.

This organization is in its infancy and we are in the midst of choosing our name. We have already had three meetings, each of them at the Billy Goat Tavern, located on the lower level opening onto the street underneath the Wrigley building.

The next meeting is Thursday, May 11th at 8:00 PM, again at the Billy Goat. Feel free to attend, since membership is open to everyone who wishes to make our city better. Come, relax, and have a cold bottle of beer!

·
Registered
262 Posts
^^do you guys have a scheduled plan of meetings or do you decide when to meet for every meeting, cause im interested in going, but im not back in Chicago until after the 20th.

·
Registered
502 Posts
lazar22b said:
^^do you guys have a scheduled plan of meetings or do you decide when to meet for every meeting, cause im interested in going, but im not back in Chicago until after the 20th.
We have sort of settled, tentatively, on monthly meetings on Thursday at 8:00 PM, but we have not decided exactly upon which Thursday of the month (i.e., first, second, third, etc.)

We will post something in this forum about the future meeting schedule immediately after our May 11th meeting. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
CCBP, it sounds more for the Chicago Citizens! :applause: :master: :gossip: :hug:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It figures, given two choices the vote is straight down the middle. There is a resolution in the works, look for a new post this evening.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts