Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Atlantyda
2,050 Posts
My favourite from Poland (for some reason very underrated). BRE Bank in Bydgoszcz built in early 1990s.

·
Atlantyda
2,050 Posts
underated? what is so special about it?
What's so special about most modern buildings anyway ? Famous names attached to them ?

I like it because for me it is timeless. It will not age, this building will look equally good in 10 or 50 years from now. It is simple yet elegant. It has a proper scale. It almost feels out of place but it doesn't after looking at it for a while.

·
Banned
1,645 Posts
I like the particular sculpture (it is called ''the runner'') in combination with the banal building of Hilton Hotel in Athens. Both of them somehow summarize the rhythm of life in big cities. :)

not exactly the newest though.

credit: euran.com and flickr.com

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Few projects of the fantastic new architecture of Spain

Madrid CTBA

Ciutat de les arts i les ciències-Valencia

Bodegas en La Rioja

Ghery

Calatrava

Zaha Hadid

Museo Reina Sofía-Madrid

Torre Agbar-Barcelona

Telefónica city-Madrid

Gas Natural building-Barcelona

Pabellón-puente de Zaha Hadid-Zaragoza

MUSAC, art center-León

FROM WWW.FLICKR.COM / WWW.SKYSCRAPERCITY.COM

·
Premium member
10,335 Posts
Why should we credit? The photos are freely avaiable on googel. If the photographer wants credit, then she/he should secure them. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Pictures from google or flickr

Cardiff has some good fresh (by which i think you mean new) architecture

Heres the Wales millennium center, a performing arts venue in the rejuvinated bay and probably the most unusual and unique

]

The atrium, a new university building

The Senedd debating chamber of the Welsh assembly by richard rogers

The self proclaimed largest and most versatile venue in Europe, i guess because the roof closes completely, the Millennium stadium.

A car park in the bay

St Davids hotel

Temporary libray, while new one is built

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
Why should we credit? The photos are freely avaiable on googel. If the photographer wants credit, then she/he should secure them. Just my opinion.
The administration of SSC has decided that photographs posted in this section
must be credited, or at least you have to tell us where you found them. These are the rules of the forum if people want to participate. It is a simple thing to do, and it gives credit to the photographers who work hard to take these pictures. In many cases people here don't even acknowledge that the photos they are posting are not their own.

·
Registered
241 Posts
some very interesting photos of some really amazing new architecture, especially in Spain, where architects seem to be free to express themselves! Gaudi paved a new road for spanish architecture without a doubt, but his works are nowhere to be seen in this thread!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts