Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I thought this development could likely use it's own thread (Thanks to Avian for finding this development... seemingly before it was even public :lol:). Anyone can feel free to rename, especially when it gets a name (maybe that will come out in the DMNA meeting?).

This Biz Journal article states that there will be an additional 6 story building and 312 stall parking ramp all at the same location. The 22 story tower will be market rate and the 6 story building will be affordable housing.

Hopefully there will be renderings at the DMNA meeting on the 10th :)

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincit...r-plans-to-build-two-apartment-buildings.html

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Good job, now let's dust off our hands and call this city finished. Where do we go next? Seriously though, not that many areas left, especially compared to even just a decade ago. Just amazing the transformation. Not always the best but still something. It won't be long before we start seeing some of these low rise cheaper things that never should have been built (I'm talking The Edition and others including some hotels AC) being torn down and replaced.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
that block near ameriprise is a cash cow for the private owners.. it used to be multiple owners, not sure these days. but yea it's the more gaping surface lot left downtown. anything here would provide a key skyway connection to. hopefully something is developed here the land must be worth a fortune.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be nice if Sherman goes "outside of the box" with this project as far as massing is concerned. It doesn't have to win any awards, but a little more significant than a rectangle that's clad in precast... pretty please?

Yes, totally agree. Sherman is known for maximizing profits with little in the way of spending money on architectural design, materials, and craftsmanship (although it's hard to fault a developer for this because it's not my money).

It sure would be nice if they spent a little more time and thought process on those items with this location!

Here's the agenda for the DMNA meeting tomorrow that will hopefully shed specific details on this project:

https://www.thedmna.org/wp-content/...and-Use-Committee-Meeting-Agenda-REVISED3.pdf

If anyone goes tomorrow, it would be nice to hear about.

What is the enormous parking lot just north of this project?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, totally agree. Sherman is known for maximizing profits with little in the way of spending money on architectural design, materials, and craftsmanship (although it's hard to fault a developer for this because it's not my money).
I think that Sherman's Zenith Condos and Encore Apartments feature some very nice design elements. I've always liked the Zenith's splash of red color in the Mill District.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^^ Sweet find!!

This Urban North person took some great covert pictures! I’m sure these will be released to the public soon. I’d like to see a rendering of this going north on Washington Ave.

It somewhat reminds me of 4Marq but a roof somewhat like 200 Central.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts