SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some photos I took around Florence when I spend two month's living there as part of a study abroad program back in June/July of 2013. I was also able to take a few obligatory photos of Pisa as well. As you probably well know Florence is where The Renaissance began and several important people in history such as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Filippo Brunelleschi have lived here and performed most of their famous works here thanks to the Medici family who commissioned them to do various works in and around the city. Florence is surprisingly very cosmopolitan for a city of 300,000-400,000 people and at times you hear more English, German, Arabic, etc being spoken on the streets than Italian, perhaps no doubt to the huge tourism industry presence in the city. Anyways here are a few photos of street scenes in that city, most of which were taken outside of the very "touristy" center.

·
Bike It!
22,379 Posts
Pictures ar too large... nevertheless, since last winter Florence is one of my favourite cities. A cultural feast at every corner! :)

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An interesting range of imagery - even if a number are a little fuzzy......
Yeah I admit some of the night ones are a little blurry along with the ones with moving targets in the background. The camera I used was not really high end. Anyways I am not sure why the pictures are that size considering that the same website I used in the past had them sized right?

Anyways glad you enjoyed them irregardless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.