Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there is no thread for this either I have started this.

16/02249/FU Change of use and extension of former public house and office (A4/B1) to form seven flats and a retail/cafe unit at Ellerby House 1 - 2 Ellerby Lane Cross Green Leeds LS9 8LF. Later ammendment to replace Cafe with extra apartment.

From leodis
fishermans-hut-may-2016-credit-leodis by tigerman687, on Flickr

11091156 by tigerman687, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,460 Posts

·
Back home
4,217 Posts
16/02249/FU Change of use and extension of former public house and office (A4/B1) to form seven flats and a retail/cafe unit at Ellerby House 1 - 2 Ellerby Lane Cross Green Leeds LS9 8LF. Later ammendment to replace Cafe with extra apartment.

From leodis
I was curious about the date of that Leodis picture, wondering whether I may have been drinking in there around that time. I spotted the mini was a G reg (1968-69) and that it wasn't in great shape (the passenger door literally looks like it's about to fall off), so guessed the car was a good few years old when it was taken. Checked on Leodis and it turns out to be 27 October 1978, so I wouldn't have been frequenting East Street for another four years. All legally of course :wink2:

It looks like a very long time ago!

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was curious about the date of that Leodis picture, wondering whether I may have been drinking in there around that time. I spotted the mini was a G reg (1968-69) and that it wasn't in great shape (the passenger door literally looks like it's about to fall off), so guessed the car was a good few years old when it was taken. Checked on Leodis and it turns out to be 27 October 1978, so I wouldn't have been frequenting East Street for another four years. All legally of course :wink2:

It looks like a very long time ago!
I wondered about the date too. I thought late 60's early 70's looking at the cars. Do we know when the pub was closed?

·
Registered
9,631 Posts
Certainly a good conversion of the former Cavalier pub. Does anyone know when the Cavalier closed down? Also it would be nice if more bars, cafes and shops open in this part of Leeds in the future to encourage more vibrancy and development.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts