·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like;

Liverpool

1) Great Waterfront Setting
2) A (debatabley) better tourist base than Manchester
3) Better transport than Manchester (IMO anyway, because it has an underground :cheers:)
4) Well known all over the world; for instance I visited the hotel where John Lennon was shot this week on my visit to New York, and across the road in Central Park they have a memorial called Strawberry Fields, and everyone around there was talking about John Lennon and Liverpool. Any scouser would've been proud. I was certainly jealous, anyway.
5) An ever-growing airport, although it still has a long way to go before it reaches the immense size of Manchester Airport.

Get it? :)

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
Leeds

1. 150 miles from where I live .... love that.
2. Motorway through the middle to get you out of there as quickly as possible.
3. More life sized Lego buildings you can shake your Whippet's lead at.
4. Close to the Yorkshire Dales ..... too close in fact.
5. Knightsbridge of the North .... flat caps & warm beer coming out of your ears.

:)

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
liverpool doesn't have an underground it has a few underground stations and they're not nice. Though i think liverpools rail network is very user friendly.

underground networks are rank and not the obvious progressive form of rapid transit. tram systems are more popular accross europe and not just because they are cheaper.

Reactions: Bricos

·
CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER
20,677 Posts
Seriously,it is because they're cheaper and our underground's boss,a little grubby around the edges but you still get a buzz using it.

·
ßANNED
4,234 Posts
Birmingham

1). Love the giant model of a blob of frogspawn in the centre that they've cleverly doubled up as a shopping centre.
2). The accents, which make people from any other part of the UK feel intelligent as they walk through the streets.
3). The demonstration in what having asthma feels like as you stand on a fume-filled platform at New Street station
4). How it actually looks quite good in comparison to Wolverhampton.
5). The Telly Savalas video of the city, classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxZ1xn2ml10.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got to admit, I love the way the trams in Manchester look. It's got a nice, almost London-esque feel to it's centre as well. Good university too - seems like a decent enough place to live.

No Everton though, that's a major drawback!

·
Keltlandia
8,877 Posts
liverpool doesn't have an underground it has a few underground stations and they're not nice. Though i think liverpools rail network is very user friendly.
Bar the Northern Line platforms at Central, I don't see anything that wrong with the underground stations. Oh and loving the classic 'Liverpool doesn't have an underground because the whole system isn't underground' argument. One of the best SSC quotes about Liverpool around, secondly only to "Liverpool's skyline is only good because of the waterfront. It's not much to look at via any other angle". :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Leicester

1, Dion Dublin (not when he was playing for Villa or Leicester obviously)
2, Kasabian
3, Walkers Crisps
4, Time Bar (next to the station)
5, Gary Lineker (only in an England shirt)

·
Advocatus Diaboli
2,504 Posts

underground networks are rank and not the obvious progressive form of rapid transit. tram systems are more popular accross europe and not just because they are cheaper.
Lets cut the bullshit here waiting in the freezing cold for a bloody tram ain't the same as being in a nice warm underground station.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i just fucking hate underground stations. cramped, airless, artificial light. just not my thing.

Reactions: Bricos

·
Concerto Grosso
7,871 Posts
Well I hate Coventry even though I live here.

1. Earlsdon (Where I live, and we love it.)
2. The Cathedral Quarter
3. The Old Windmill pub
4. The drive in from Kenilworth (Really quite wonderful until you hit the ringroad).
5. Jobs (The city has been good to me in terms of jobs. Although I don't like the place much, at least I live here. Therefore I feel I can insult it. My work colleauges who don't live here and insult it often get reminded about the fact that it may be a dump, but it's giving them a good job, and that's thanks to its history [I work in automotive])

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
i have family in montreal and all i know is that they usually go to the canary islands in winter.

yeh i fucking hate snow, and the winter. i hate a lot of shit generally.

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Leicester

1, Dion Dublin (not when he was playing for Villa or Leicester obviously)
2, Kasabian
3, Walkers Crisps
4, Time Bar (next to the station)
5, Gary Lineker (only in an England shirt)
err Mark Morrison?

Leicester's greatest export was Engelbert Humperdink. Love Leicester.

Manchester -

1. Loose flagstones/paving (noticable on a wet day)
2. Saturdays in general
3. Weird kids in Cathedral Gardens
4. Inability to refill cashpoints with money
5. People who love spending time in the printworks (apart from cinemagoers)

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Leeds.

1. Brilliant connections to the rest of the country.

2. Good night life.

3. Fairly cheap.

4. Compact city centre

5. Good for smallish gigs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts