Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when I upload some of my photos onto flickr, there's a noticeable drop in image quality, particularly sharpness and contrast, from the version processed and saved in Photoshop. Has anyone else experienced this? Any opinions or thoughts?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
opinion: Hydrogen...check out Zenfolio

use this referral code and make $5 on your account M1B-PW9-HC6

they will not degrade the image in any way and the site protects the images from illegal download. You can store the full size image there and still externally link the photos to places like SSC and SSP.

it's worth looking at.

www.zenfolio.com

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like that with my own pictures, but then again, I haven't really been looking. I will check it out, but if there is something, it doesn't seem too visibly noticeable, if I didn't catch it. Thanks for bringing it up!

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nevertheless you can freely use my favourite website-flickr , I-surely along with more than one billion people -can't enjoy the excellent pics in it for several days ...... God knows when it comes to normal !!

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
opinion: Hydrogen...check out Zenfolio

use this referral code and make $5 on your account M1B-PW9-HC6

they will not degrade the image in any way and the site protects the images from illegal download. You can store the full size image there and still externally link the photos to places like SSC and SSP.

it's worth looking at.

www.zenfolio.com
Zenfolio is the same.

Less contrast, desaturated look.

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your thoughts, guys. mugley, I'll give your advice a shot. Also, does anyone have an experience with pbase who can talk about the differences between flickr and pbase?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
can you show this? I have NEVER seen a difference from the (Originals) to the (uploaded)...unless you guys are specifically talking about CS2 edits or something.
Yeah, it's an Adobe-specific colour space thing. I don't have the problem as I don't use Photoshop, you wouldn't have experienced it with Picture-It either.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
just upload really massive images. that way, when you look at them normal the quality is still good. but when you see the largest image it can still be the same old flickr crap

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
just upload really massive images. that way, when you look at them normal the quality is still good. but when you see the largest image it can still be the same old flickr crap
I don't upload full-size photos to Flickr. I resize all of my shots to 1000px max. I don't need them to be full size, and the full size photos often don't look as good when viewed at smaller sizes, especially in sharpness.

Additionally, it prevents people from stealing my photos, because at that size they're no use to most people. But I always keep the original, full size shots, if I ever need them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts