SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not aware how well Fojnica is doing these days but judging by the size of that little Bosniak boy...they aren't starving or anything. ;) Those two little ones are so adorable - they have absolutely NO idea what they're doing, or why. ;) I love the "religious ignorence" of youth.

The city itself looks amazing for a place that suffered so much during the war. Very impressive. I only realized while making this thread that the church complex on the hillside is Catholic and not Eastern Orthodox. I just assumed it was Orthodox until I saw a photograph of the inside.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Very nice little city. The mosque is really great... that's how Bosniak mosques should look like. The catholic church is also very nice... it serves as a nice "landmark" type building.

I have never actually been there myself mind you... but my dad's dad and that whole branch of the family lived in Fojnica... so back in the 19th century and before that Fojnica was our "hometown". I'm sure there are still a lot of distant relatives there to this day. When I searched "last name + fojnica" in google I got the name of some beg, so I'm assuming we used to have some high status there...

But in case you're wondering if my ancestors are new to Sarajevo, I'm a descendant of Murat-Beg Tardić, so... :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My family is very new to Sarajevo. In fact, I was quite literally the first member of my family to be born here. My Mother's family is from Kozarac, where she was born. I say the same of my Father's family but they were actually from a small village closer to Prijedor. Now I have family mainly in Kozarac, Sarajevo, and Jablanica.

I'm glad my parents moved to Sarajevo, though, and that I was born here. Who knows, otherwise I might have been Djamila Nesuvic. ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mila said:
My family is very new to Sarajevo. In fact, I was quite literally the first member of my family to be born here. My Mother's family is from Kozarac, where she was born. I say the same of my Father's family but they were actually from a small village closer to Prijedor. Now I have family mainly in Kozarac, Sarajevo, and Jablanica.

I'm glad my parents moved to Sarajevo, though, and that I was born here. Who knows, otherwise I might have been Djamila Nesuvic. ;)
Ah yeah, Kozarac... the 11th canton of the federation :D

Actually that place is quite a bit of a success story. I'm sure you already know all of this, but thousands of people have returned there and they're rebuilding the town. And not just old people like in other places... they even have their soccer team competing in the 2nd league. I even saw recently that they have a tiny brand new housing project being built there.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Mila said:
they have absolutely NO idea what they're doing, or why. ;) I love the "religious ignorence" of youth.
OMG...I know absolutely what you meant! :D Whenever my cousins and I had gone to the Mosque to pray, I never told anyone, but I thought it was the most BORING things! :lol: Not untill later in my life did I realize that it was good for my disapline, and introducing god to me. :yes:

I remember waking up early in the morning to go, and always saying I was sick. :D When we got there, my cousin Jasmina and I had always joked around, and unfortunately got in quite a lot of trouble. :(

The funniest thing is that I remembered all the prayers that we were taught, and I knew how to say then without going, "uggghhh", but I had NO IDEA what they meant. :rofl:

·
Registered
572 Posts
That thing was stupid. It was just us and a bunch of Palestinians. They tried to teach us how to eat pizza the islamic way and a bunch of other crap.

And I'll never forget praying right behind that guy who's asscrack kept coming up whenever he bent down.

I suppose it was then that I realized why women traditionally pray in the back as opposed to the front.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
L3D3NI said:
That thing was stupid. It was just us and a bunch of Palestinians. They tried to teach us how to eat pizza the islamic way and a bunch of other crap.

And I'll never forget praying right behind that guy who's asscrack kept coming up whenever he bent down.

I suppose it was then that I realized why women traditionally pray in the back as opposed to the front.

I remember the pizza part. :D Then Ena goes, "I sure hope they don't buy the pepperonni pizza", and discraced herself for the last time. Whenever she said something for the rest of the year, people never even listened. :D :rofl:

·
Registered
572 Posts
The asscrack is still my most vivid memory... we were cracking up during the prayer and then the imam criticized us afterwards..

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
L3D3NI said:
The asscrack is still my most vivid memory... we were cracking up during the prayer and then the imam criticized us afterwards..
Remember the time after school we left Ena in school, and convinced out grandfather that she was in the car!? :D He parks the car at our apartments, and L3D3NI breaks out of the car, and sprints away like his problem would get better. :D ;) :rofl:

Or the time that we met that kid in the park near the apartments, and we started to play some strange game on the swingset, then the boy got his foot stuck in the metal chains, and couldn't get out...L3D3NI and I just walked away telling the boy we'd go get help, but forgot about him while playing the new FIFA game. :D

The conversation at that moment:

Me: Hey, didn't we forget something?
L3D3NI: Noo, Noo...Timur, your just imagining things again. :|
Me: Yeah...I guess so...

At bed time:

Both of Us: OH SHIT! THE LITTLE BOY! Oh well, I hope he had something to eat...(sleeping)

·
Registered
572 Posts
lol, I don't remember the little boy.

But that bitch deserved it. She said herself she didn't want to get in the car.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
L3D3NI said:
lol, I don't remember the little boy.

But that bitch deserved it. She said herself she didn't want to get in the car.
The little boy? His name was like Anderew or something. LOL...

Ena did really deserve it...She kept making fun of us, and then told us that she didn't get in the car, L3D3NI and I were just listening to her. :dunno: :D

Conversation:

Ena: Leave me alone, I don't want to get in the car...

(L3D3NI and I look at eachother, thinking the same thing)

Both of Us: OK ENA...You don't want to go, we respect your decision...Farewell o Mighty One. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mosque memories...well...

There was the time I was standing at a Srebrenica-related prayer service...rocking back and forth on my high heels (I was outside in the courtyard, as were many others) and suddenly...*snap*...somewhere between standing, and landing on my bottom...I screamed a phrase which began with 'Jebem' and ended with 'supak' and didn't mention anyone's Mother...

Another:

I was at the new mosque in Kozarac, sitting at the back against the wall with my grandmother. There was another set of bodies identified and a group of men were praying, and Nena wanted to be there at the mosque - she finds it comforting. We're just sitting silently after our conversation died so I pointed out a young man near the front who was praying and I whispered to Nena: That boy has a nice bum...

And she turned to me, and said with full volume of voice: You don't need to be looking at people's asses in a mosque, Mila!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Mila said:
Mosque memories...well...

There was the time I was standing at a Srebrenica-related prayer service...rocking back and forth on my high heels (I was outside in the courtyard, as were many others) and suddenly...*snap*...somewhere between standing, and landing on my bottom...I screamed a phrase which began with 'Jebem' and ended with 'supak' and didn't mention anyone's Mother...

Another:

I was at the new mosque in Kozarac, sitting at the back against the wall with my grandmother. There was another set of bodies identified and a group of men were praying, and Nena wanted to be there at the mosque - she finds it comforting. We're just sitting silently after our conversation died so I pointed out a young man near the front who was praying and I whispered to Nena: That boy has a nice bum...

And she turned to me, and said with full volume of voice: You don't need to be looking at people's asses in a mosque, Mila!
:rofl:

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
SpotlessMind said:
Wait, Mimica and L3D3NI... you guys know eacht other? I'm confused...
Haha, bit late on the Bosnian forumer's gossip?:D

That asscrack thing is hilarious. If it was me behind him I'd probably be kicked out for cracking up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.