SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1229 Posts

·
unregistered
4,953 Posts
Hmm, chinese 'curry' is much like indian 'chow mein' of 10 years ago.Not to be taken without too much beer...
Real Chinese food is supafine.

Too much plane food.Its all rubbish.

Heres some real food from the food capital of all Asia, Penang
Laksa

Cendol

More cendol

Laksa is SE Asian flavoured spicey noodle soup.Much like Thom Kha in Thailaind.
Cendol is a shaved ice & coconut milk n stuff sweet.Fantastic.
Damned shame India never progressed from Burfi into shaved ice sweets like SE Asia.Dunno why realy
(Actually i remember,Indias got Falooda.I think its origianlly arabic though & just not as nice as cendol or the other coco milk & ice sweets ..)
Malaysia & Singapore have got fantastic ethnic Sth Indian & Chinese food also.Wicked !!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmm, chinese 'curry' is much like indian 'chow mein' of 10 years ago.Not to be taken without too much beer...

Damned shame India never progressed from Burfi into shaved ice sweets like SE Asia.Dunno why realy
(Actually i remember,Indias got Falooda.I think its origianlly arabic though & just not as nice as cendol or the other coco milk & ice sweets ..)
Malaysia & Singapore have got fantastic ethnic Sth Indian & Chinese food also.Wicked !!

Personally, I love Indian food the most as its taste isn't comparable, it's unique.
I think Malaysian Cendol is delicious.

Falooda isn’t Arabic but it originates from Iran. Their faludeh/ peludeh is more like a slush and does not use milk, which means India has it’s own version.

India has many other disserts like Falooda....

Phirini

Kheer

Kulfi

Rabri

Rasmalai

and many more……….

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Too much plane food.Its all rubbish.

Heres some real food from the food capital of all Asia, Penang
Laksa

Cendol

More cendol

Wow excellent photos. Hawkers plazas are the best. Personally, i don't like the Hawker plaza at Bugis.

My fav.

- Laksa
- Roti Paratha
- Chicken Biryani
- Nasi Goreng
- Octopus balls
- Seafood

Personally, I love Indian food the most as its taste isn't comparable, it's unique.
I think Malaysian Cendol is delicious.

Falooda isn’t Arabic but it originates from Iran. Their faludeh/ peludeh is more like a slush and does not use milk, which means India has it’s own version.

India has many other disserts like Falooda....

Phirini
Kheer
Kulfi
Rabri
Rasmalai

and many more……….
Wow Nice photos.

Keep going

:eek:kay:

·
Just weird!!
182 Posts
Pizza Time

This is the famous Stuffed Pizza from Giordano's in the Chicago area. Might look silly but this is the most amazing Pizza you would ever find. It has almost 7 layers of Cheese stuffed in one of the finest crust, that literally melts in your mouth

·
unregistered
4,953 Posts
Ok not arabic but Persian .Fair play.I knew it was somewhere in that region.
So does the original use rose water or almond milk or?
And what is Phirini?
Never come across it.
But the best indian sweet youve missed ma man.
Srikand, the queen sweet of Sth Asia.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok not arabic but Persian .Fair play.I knew it was somewhere in that region.
So does the original use rose water or almond milk or?
And what is Phirini?
Never come across it.
But the best indian sweet youve missed ma man.
Srikand, the queen sweet of Sth Asia.
Persian Falooda consists of crushed ice, rose water and cooked rice noodles I guess..

Phirni is a creamy rice pudding with sugar, blanched slivered almonds, pistachios and cardamom. It’s quite appetizing.., you can compare it with kheer.., a simpeler version of phirni

·
Registered
8,074 Posts
You don't need to introduce,we know them very well,here are so many Indian shop in where I live, and I 've tried every single of the sweets,anyway they taste good!

21 - 40 of 1229 Posts