·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Source: google.com

http://www.sumitrarecipes.com/images/gulab_jamun.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://solarider.org/my-pics/jalebi-24-02-2006.jpg

Excellent. So many varieties of Sweet dishes. :nuts:

chooza kesar malai:uh: never heard of it, maybe because i practice vegetarianism
Yeah, I had never heard of this dish before.Looks like a Sanjeev Kapoor dish as he is one of the chefs on Singapore Airlines rolls. It was tasty.

Keep going....

·
Just weird!!
182 Posts
Ugh... Milk

My favourite sweet! :tongue4:
Good for you man, i am allergic to milk. It kinda reacts with my body + i never liked it either. So i stay miles away from Milk sweets.

The Giordano's Pizza on the screen is good for 4 or 5 hungry people. u really get filled in 2 pieces.

·
Registered
368 Posts
^^^ where can u get all these stuff in holland?
Well at any Indian restaurant except pani puri. You can buy the pani puri thing of Haldiram at any Indian grocery store in Amsterdam, it’s called pani puri masala mix (not very fresh though), don't know about Utrecht. Moreover, the rest can be made at home like most Indians do., and my mother makes it too; but if you live alone like I see many Indian expats around these days, then going out for Indian food once a while is fine too..:)

·
20,874 Posts
Good for you man, i am allergic to milk. It kinda reacts with my body + i never liked it either. So i stay miles away from Milk sweets.

The Giordano's Pizza on the screen is good for 4 or 5 hungry people. u really get filled in 2 pieces.
Miles apart?

Then u will never go to West Bengal:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone tasted Sri Krishna Sweets Mysurpa? Delicious one!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thankx m gonna look for that next week. Its one year now since i eat Indian
^^Are you kidding me? I can't survive without Indian food for that long I guess, although I love non-Indian too:lol:

there are few south asian grocery stores in Amsterdam;….there is one in Jan Pieter Heijestraat 124/BG (Pakistani, most of his products are Indian), one in Pieter Calandlaan, there is one in Dapper Market, one behind Albert Cuypmarkt….

Good luck!

·
Just weird!!
182 Posts
Maybe not the Milk

Miles apart?

Then u will never go to West Bengal:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone tasted Sri Krishna Sweets Mysurpa? Delicious one!
Arul, I dont eat fish either so my culinary Interests in Bengal might be less. But Bengal also provides food for the eyes:lol: I would love that one anyday:cheers:

·
Just weird!!
182 Posts
Sue 'em

:bash:I would personally love to sue Krishna Sweets for Screwin up the Mysore Pak by adding Ghee and selling it as Mysore Paa. He started this trend of adding Ghee in virtually all sweets - Yikessss

Thank god Krishna sweets is not into Breweries or else he would even dare to add Ghee in Whisky and sell it WHISKAA :nuts:

·
Just weird!!
182 Posts
^^Are you kidding me? I can't survive without Indian food for that long I guess, although I love non-Indian too:lol:

there are few south asian grocery stores in Amsterdam;….there is one in Jan Pieter Heijestraat 124/BG (Pakistani, most of his products are Indian), one in Pieter Calandlaan, there is one in Dapper Market, one behind Albert Cuypmarkt….

Good luck!
I went on for nearly 4 years W/OUT Indian food(i used to eat Indian food when we go to restaurants), didnt have a problem inspite of being a veggie.I gotta chance to explore different cuisines. I found myself comfortable with the continental, and so called American & Tex Mex Veggie fare. Apart from Falafel wraps, veggie burgers, Subs were my staples. Even at home i eat really bland food with virtually no spice or mirch. So for me Ghaas Bhoos sey Kaam Chalta Hai!!!:banana:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
HI Arul,

That's HAINAN Chicken rice (not Hanoi). And Hainan island, known for its comparison with Hawaii of the Pacific, is in Yellow Sea (south of the Chinese mainland, North West off Vietnam)

Cheers mate,
P2P4

Hanoi (Island in North sea of China) Chicken Rice:Hanoi Chicken, Rice, Vegetable soup, Sauce, Ginger mix and carrot juice!

·
20,874 Posts
HI Arul,

That's HAINAN Chicken rice (not Hanoi). And Hainan island, known for its comparison with Hawaii of the Pacific, is in Yellow Sea (south of the Chinese mainland, North West off Vietnam)

Cheers mate,
P2P4
Yes its HAINAN... thanks for correction!

Hanoi is a city??

·
unregistered
4,957 Posts
Thankx m gonna look for that next week. Its one year now since i eat Indian
??????

A year? What in the great lord shivas name do you eat then?
If I didnt eat food with taste - IE non european food - for a year I'd expire from boredom.
Talkin' of cheese & sweets.Tasted some burfi made by a local indian lady here the other day , made with mozzarella rather than milk & free from ghee. So much better that way, realy subtle flavours.

·
Mast Malang
5,403 Posts
^^^ Sorry its not 1 year , its been 1.5 years now. since i came from India, and eat any Indian food:)
(I will explain what i mean by Indian food in the last)

I can cook very good chicken masala.so every week end i eat that.When i got sick i tried for daal and kichdi and it was terrible. I have been eating dutch(Borenkool,stampie)mexican(wraps with indian kind of veg/nonveg stuff inside),chinese,indonesian(nasi,bami),italian(my gf makes good macaroni, pasta) and recently Balkan(yogoslavia) for a change.No Indian resturant where i live and was busy with college and internship.

But now i will look for some Indian where i can eat tasty butter chicken masala, daal makhani, Paneer naan and rasmalai. Good dosa and uttapam and biryani.

Yummy m getting hungry. On tuesdays i donot eat any meat or drink any alcohal. Jai bajrang bali:)

·
Mast Malang
5,403 Posts

Good luck!
thankx, i m goona shift to either Rotterdam, Dordrecht or Gouda. So easy to locate Indian rest.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh ok, then it's understandable.., I guess everyone eats a mix of every cuisine here...., to be very honest, European food (except Italian as I like that the most after Indian n Chinese) is tasteless compared to south asian food. It can be eaten for survival :lol:
As far as Dutch food is concerned, my lunch is always Dutch because of my college and work...., but I hate boerenkoolstamppot n kaasfondue.., snacks r ok...and I love cheese in bread only n different type of veggie salads....which are again inspired from Italian, Mediterranean, Greek etc. cuisine here…

Anyhow.., there are many Indian restaurants in Amsterdam but I am wondering why you couldn't find one in Utrecht, its such a small city..

Anyhow.., have a nice culinary trip to Amsterdam as you seem to be planning one:cheers:

^^^ Sorry its not 1 year , its been 1.5 years now. since i came from India, and eat any Indian food:)
(I will explain what i mean by Indian food in the last)

I can cook very good chicken masala.so every week end i eat that.When i got sick i tried for daal and kichdi and it was terrible. I have been eating dutch(Borenkool,stampie)mexican(wraps with indian kind of veg/nonveg stuff inside),chinese,indonesian(nasi,bami),italian(my gf makes good macaroni, pasta) and recently Balkan(yogoslavia) for a change.No Indian resturant where i live and was busy with college and internship.

But now i will look for some Indian where i can eat tasty butter chicken masala, daal makhani, Paneer naan and rasmalai. Good dosa and uttapam and biryani.

Yummy m getting hungry. On tuesdays i donot eat any meat or drink any alcohal. Jai bajrang bali:)

41 - 60 of 1230 Posts