SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2761 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Arsenal

England

Celtic

Easily the most bitter rivalry in British football.The divide is religious aswell as cultural.The fans of Celtic(Scottish,Irish Catholic) againsts Glasgow Rangers (Scottish,British,Protestant)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have photos but don't know how to put them on the forum, Can I get some help.
First you have to put your own photos on a external server, e.g. Yahoo or someone else. Then you have to give the link of your photos on the net in this forum with the command "Insert Image".

·
Banned
37 Posts
Wolves

Rangers and Celtic Rivalry is one of the most bitter, and its on a bigger stage, But you get many very Harsh, and violent derbies, like the bLack Country derby, between West Bromich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers (Wolves) ... steaped with tradition, and huge amounts of fighting, one of the scariest games in football to go to.

Wolves, and one of the top 3 sets of fans in the English game in a recent survey, lets try and get to the top. unfortuantely, our Bitter rivals West Brom are ahead of us, which bodes well for the Derbies, if youve got 2 of the 3 best groups of supporters in one stadium. fingers crossed it will be in the Premiership come 2005/06, and probably the most loyal there is, after a 19 year absence, which saw us sink down to the lowest division in English professional football.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Also just to say that the English faithful are the best national supporters in the World. as many countries have found out over the years, although fighting is our tradition there is generally a very good atmosphere between english and national supporters, apart from the obvious ones.
mentioning no names (Turkey).

England takes the largest Following everywhere, and they expect 250,000 fans to be in portugal, which the portugal press have already reported as Mini-England.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I agree with all that.I also think that part of the reason that those clubs have a great atmosphere is because they have their own unique identifiable stadiums.I hope when they increase the capacity of Molineux they manage to retain its individuality because its gonna be dull if all the stadiums in the country end up lookin like St Marys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
carlspannard said:
I found a site that has tv footage of Celtic fans singing their tune Youll Never Walk Alone against Barcelona(origionally a Liverpool chant)on the night of the Madrid bombings and its awe inspiring.If you can be arsed,go to this link click on "Youll Never Walk Alone(In memory of Madrid)"
http://www.patricksarsfieldcsc.com/download.html
I have to totally agree with you on that I had goosepimples all down my back watching that.

This is a great thread, more piccies please.

·
28,089 Posts

·
28,089 Posts
great pics carlspannard...thnak you

i am proud to be an football fan

1 - 20 of 2761 Posts