SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This news is strictly for Baltimore residents, it's more to do with Baltimore life than anything else, but I just saw an advert for it on TV. Cirque du Soleil is coming to the First Mariner Arena teamed up with famous electronica group Delerium for what looks like an awesome show. Delerium has been featured on Pure Moods and other down tempo/chillout albums, and combined with the beauty of Cirque du Soleil (I saw their show years ago in Colombia, it was absolutely brillant) this one shouldn't be missed for true fans of CDS. It's only for two nights though July 14-15, and tickets appear to be on sale now.

I just thought I'd give a heads up because this kind of show is HUGE for Baltimore, and I think with the arena as "small" as it is (at least for the TSO winter concert), this is just great news for the local economy, huge boost for the two days. Plus, this may be a sign of Baltimore attracting big concerts reguarly, and might even send the message that a bigger arena would be nice for the entire city.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem! Just trying to get the less advertised stuff out there :)

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Molo said:
I thought CDS has been coming to Bmore for years.
Am I wrong in that?
I've seen them here twice before at Harbor Point. It's all pretty much over the top and sometimes incomprehensible but nevertheless amazing and so well performed that you get mesmerized. Just don't buy any of those masks unless you really like dropping some cash for a bauble.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I remember watching on HBO for a few seconds.
It didn't translate well to TV, but they did have several shot of the city.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CDS has been in Maryland many times before, but I'm not sure about how many times they came to Baltimore. As far as I know, this is the first (and maybe last) time CDS and Delerium are going to be here together. CDS added is as a new show on their site, but I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts