SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this because there may be a few people here who might want to know that the Ford Discovery Centre Museum in Geelong is closing its doors on Sunday 29 July 2012.

For anyone who likes cars and has always intended to go there and have a look at these heritage cars, now is the time to do so.

http://www.forddiscovery.com.au/

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Was a good attraction in Geelong.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a real shame.

What will happen to the Ford-owned cars and prototypes?
Sorry, I haven't heard. I'm planning on going there during this week; if I find out anything interesting I'll post here or at Walking Melbourne.

In my opinion such a museum would be better located in a warehouse somewhere central-ish in Melbourne, such as Port Melbourne/Docklands/South Melbourne; that is, I imagine it would generate more visits (not that I know that visitor numbers have anything to do with its impending closure).

·
WARREN
8,175 Posts
Geebong is a dump, no wonder it failed.

·
Developer
7,645 Posts
I think it has more to do with the suituation that Ford Australia is in at the moment rather than anything to do with Geelong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm posting this because there may be a few people here who might want to know that the Ford Discovery Centre Museum in Geelong is closing its doors on Sunday 29 July 2012.

For anyone who likes cars and has always intended to go there and have a look at these heritage cars, now is the time to do so.

http://www.forddiscovery.com.au/new ford models
Not actually a huge fan of ford but being a heritage car afficionado would be planning to visit the place. My dad has an old discovery but because of some reasons he used to got it sold to his couz. Ford has been in business for years and i believe they could survive the battle against others.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Not really a big fan of ford, but it is a legacy car enthusiast should go to visit the place. My father has an old explorers, but for all the reasons that he used to be sold Couz. Ford has been in business for years and I think they will fight against others to survive.
Ford as a company is in no danger of going under. Ford as an Australian manufacturer is, and fight as they may their time is almost up. The Falcon has lost the plot and will be gone, so that leaves the Territory which could be built elsewhere, maybe in Thailand alongside the Focus.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ford as a company is in no danger of going under. Ford as an Australian manufacturer is, and fight as they may their time is almost up. The Falcon has lost the plot and will be gone, so that leaves the Territory which could be built elsewhere, maybe in Thailand alongside the Focus.
or not at all, pointless vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts