SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which non-native languages are most commonly spoken in your city or town?

In St Louis, MO, they would be Bosnian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For San Francisco, what I hear most personally:

Spanish, Chinese (mostly Cantonese I think), Tagalog, Russian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi, French (thanks to the tourists). There's more, but I hear these usually a few times a week at least.

Spanish and Chinese would probably be the only two I hear every day, throughout the day, without fail.

·
17,379 Posts
Does English count for HK?

Anyway, other than English, I hear alot of Tagalog and other Philippine dialects :)

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
A lot of Chinese (mostly Mandarin around here, Cantonese up the highway), Korean (friends), Punjabi, and there are actually a group of Peruvians at my school who do the Spanish thing.

But on a daily basis, Mandarin and Korean, hands down.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Chinese and Arabic tied without a doubt, I hear them every single day. And then English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and of course a lot of African dialects.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where i live: Spanish (native language), Armenian, Arabic, Korean, Japanese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Chinese, Hindi (some people mistake my racial identity) and French ( I speak it with random people I meet)

·
17,169 Posts
Chinese and Arabic tied without a doubt, I hear them every single day. And then English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and of course a lot of African dialects.
Don't forget Japanese.

·
I love my life
Cuyi Lastrassi
15,032 Posts
In Colombia, without a doubt it's English. I've also met a lot of people who speak German, Japanese and French.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts