Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I was only against us having to pay to attract or create a road race.

If they're proposing, and actively want Birmingham, then I'm fully behind it.

Hope it happens.

·
Simples
6,845 Posts
I think on balance i'd rather we didn't have this happen all in a rush his year. but were getting on the calendar from say 2021.

The historical route doesn't exactly show off the best side of Brum at present but this is also rapidly changing. with the developments coming forward. With the Monaco house and St Luke's estate sites as well as other developments around Pershore St to be transformed over the next few years there will be a much better backdrop for this race in just a few years.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Gone for a bit
10,553 Posts
The historical route doesn't exactly show off the best side of Brum at present but this is also rapidly changing. with the developments coming forward. With the Monaco house and St Luke's estate sites as well as other developments around Pershore St to be transformed over the next few years there will be a much better backdrop for this race in just a few years.
I don't think the old superprix circuit needs to be adopted for any future racing event. The Formula E cars are smaller and slower than the old F3000 cars that raced in the superprix and could run on a narrower and tighter circuit in a different location.

·
There Can Be Only One!
10,975 Posts
I think on balance i'd rather we didn't have this happen all in a rush his year. but were getting on the calendar from say 2021.

Agree with this. We needn't fire all of our guns at once. The Formula E race would be boss to watch once we have all our nice new glass buildings up and running. We don't need Wacky Races round our moonscape city centre at the moment. :lol:

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
My fantasy circuit would be start & pits at Millennium point, Curzon street, Park Street, Selfridges, Moor Street Queenway, Jennens Road, Lawley Middleway. Fan area at Millennium point and the HS2 site. Doesn't sound beyond the realms of possibility with the city skyline in background.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Andy Street brings superprix, a street race back to Brum :banana:
I mean, let's not jump the gun.

A) He hasn't actively done anything here. It's happened more because Montreal's mayor actively didn't want the race.

B) It hasn't happened.

Arbitrarily pinning passive achievements onto a person is just as bizarre as when people arbitrarily blame the council/politicians/businesses for things totally out of their control.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.