SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Had a brief twitter spat with him recently. He attempted to claim direct responsibility for:
HS2
The Commonwealth Games
City of Culture
Metro Extensions

Realistically, the effect of Andy won't be seen for a few years yet, the effects, positive or negative, of his policies will probably be seen at the beginning of the next mayoral term. That's politics. Trump is still riding high on a few Obama policies, May is just at the Tail end of Cameron policies.

Similarly, Andy is riding on a massive swell of good luck in some situations, such as the CWG, and the ingenuity and skill of other politicians and his predecessors.

I look forward to analysing his policy decisions in the long run, he's certainly running an animated campaign for Channel 4 for which he's delivered a new wind.

I just hope he doesn't campaign too hard for a Formula E personally. I don't think it'll be of enormous benefit and would certainly command a lot of resources to actively campaign.
Give him a break and apology. He is the mayor and can claim responsibility given the poor ingenuity and skill of other politicians and his predecessors, it is not hard, it really is not. He is more a proper Labour MP than a conservative nimby :lol:

Looking forward to more 'Street' racing in the city - obviously no cruising and need to step up a gear :)

· Registered
851 Posts
On a more serious note, Formula E not having a British race event reduces its development opportunities and hinders its credibility. I know I keep hammering on about a lack of foresight and insight with the city council but it does apply to other organisations, probably why Montreal pulled out, the devil is in the detail

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.