SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Formula E Race: Birmingham

14422 Views 144 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  leonigmig
Came across this while catching up on my Formula 1 news. Its seems the Formula E board are seriously considering having a race here in Birmingham.

Please let this happen!!!:banana:

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/birmingham-superprix-replace-montreal-995967/
141 - 145 of 145 Posts
Yes, but did Andy promise it believing that BCC would be on board?
BCC aren’t in anyway to blame here.
Andy promised it was coming here, and lied about being in discussion with the council about it.

There is only one person to ‘blame’ here and that was an over and misplaced confidence.
How could he believe that to be true if he had no prior talks? He might have assumed BCC would be on board and if he did, it’s a clear error of judgement on his behalf surely.

I might be believe you’ll sell me your house for £1. Clearly you won’t but I’m allowed to believe anything I want and then announce it apparently.

I myself find it highly unusual for the Council to publically say they are unaware of any plans and a route if they had been consulted in any shape or form.
Yes, but did Andy promise it believing that BCC would be on board?
He just assumed BCC wanted what’s best for Birmingham. He probably won’t make that mistake again.
You certainly don't assume when political differences can influence matters.
He just assumed BCC wanted what’s best for Birmingham. He probably won’t make that mistake again.
I am so glad it we didn't get a tribal Labour mayor, who would have put screwing the other party over the good of the region

I do feel like Street is the West Midlands' man first, and a Tory second
Reactions: CL81 and sefton66
141 - 145 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.