SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 4587 Posts

·
9,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will be used for forum suggestions and feedback to the moderators. This thread is also where one can lodge a complaint regarding trolling or diatribe from other members.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll add my vote to this. The new design has far too many subforums. If I'm interested in getting a brief overview of developments in various cities I have to go into each city's sub-forum, where there's a further division into multiple threads, one per project. If I'm also interested in infrastructure, roads, and aviation, these are in their own sub-forums as well. This is far too much sub-sub-division.

·
YAAY! IM 17!
363 Posts
yeah....2 many sub forums......the old 1 was nice and better....

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
too many subforums

I agree with everyone that there are too many subforums, Reckon need another way to classify.

·
Registered
223 Posts
may be we have categories converted into Subforums. All Big City Projects in a Single Subforum, all State Projects in a Single Subforum etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was wondering why Delhi and Ahmedabad BRTS threads have been listed under Highways and Bridges category? Shouldn't they be under Railways and Transportation? Or is it that Railways and Transportation is only meant for Railways based transportation? Or should they just go under their respective city's projects and updates thread?

I have to agree with most of the complaints narrated here. I feel there are way too many sub-forums for each category that is causing some confusion, one of which is how the threads should be alloted to a particular category. A simple case is the one I just discussed above.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Modification to forum

My suggestion :

To put cities in their respective Zones, Example: West Zone : State and cities.

Most people like to read about there local area or neighbouring states.

Under transport : To have Railway, Airway, Roadway and seaway as the subforum.

This would reduce the number of categories.

Cheers

·
28,214 Posts
Initially I too was hesitant about the layout and so was Sudheesh. But we decided to go with what was decided in the expansion thread. When there are many suggestions, it is very difficult to incorporate everything.

Every change will have its problems. Massive forum layout changes like this happen once in a blue moon.

I am beginning to like the new layout slowly while also realizing some of the drawbacks which have been pointed out.

Let's learn from the problems and when the next change happens (not anytime soon), we can probably resolve some of the current issues.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
^^Exactly, it is bound to have some teething troubles in the beginning. It will take some time to sort it all and the forumers to be easy with the format. And there is always the 'resistance to change' tendancy.

BTW in this format I have noticed that it is easier to know the traffic/participation level of the specific forums.

·
One Solution - Revolution
2,119 Posts
MODS please create a sticky thread inside each cities under metropolitan projects subforum linking to their respective states subforum, so that members and guest visiting there can also have a look at projects happening at other tier II cities in their respective states.

For example Chennai subforum can have a sticky thread linking to Tamil Nadu subforum. At present you have done the other way round, please add this feature too.

·
21,752 Posts
^^

Nice suggestion from veeran,

It will help resepective metropolitan city people to know the development news is respective state cities and vice versa.

Hope mods consider the same.

·
28,214 Posts
MODS please create a sticky thread inside each cities under metropolitan projects subforum linking to their respective states subforum, so that members and guest visiting there can also have a look at projects happening at other tier II cities in their respective states.

For example Chennai subforum can have a sticky thread linking to Tamil Nadu subforum. At present you have done the other way round, please add this feature too.
Actually you guys can create such a thread and let me know. I will sticky it.

·
Keep On Movin Now!
1,284 Posts
New layout looks cool.

Having not been here for a loooooooonnnnggggggg time, taking a look at this layout with a fresh set of eyes, this layout is nice. It will also be easy for first timers to navigate through various sections. And as there are lesser treads in each subforum, we will not have the problem of threads getting lost. :)

1 - 20 of 4587 Posts