SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slacker oui!
3,588 Posts
ok this is the preliminary rules. I want your views on it.

The tentative rules:

[1]Debate/Discuss with a fellow forumer with respect and good ethics.

[2] Please do not make insensitive comments about religious beliefs, nationality, race, gender. Do not make personal attacks.

[3] Remember that this forum is mostly about projects, skyscrapers, buildings, infrastructure and urbanization.

[4] Discussion about religion should be avoided.

[5] Domestic political debates are ok as long it does not touch religious / ethnic issues,see the rule no [4].
Such discussions should be only in Chaibar.

[6] Defence related issues should only be in Chaibar and should be of least priority unless it is a major project.

[7] Do not start discussions about other countries in the India subforum.

[8] If you are new to the forum, familiarize yourself with the subforum for a few days by going through old posts/topics.

[9] Enjoy the subforum and let others enjoy it too.

[10] If a fellow forumer is misbehaving ,report it to the moderators and the situation will be handled.

[11] Please use English on the main forums. If you post a comment in a regional language, then your are obliged to translate it into English for the others to understand.

[12] Disclosing another member's personal identifiable information without his/her consent is strictly prohibited.

·
I'm Dead
157 Posts
very nice rules...

please can you add one more rule..that all messages should be posted only in english..as our country has diverse languages , Unity in diversity is the principle our great India

·
unBANNED
4,165 Posts
drwho said:
ok this is the preliminary rules. I want your views on it.

The tentative rules:

[1]Debate/Discuss with a fellow forumer with respect and good ethics.

[2] Please do not make insensitive comments about religious beliefs, nationality, race, gender. Do not make personal attacks.

[3] Remember that this forum is mostly about projects, skyscrapers, buildings, infrastructure and urbanization.

[4] Discussion about religion should be avoided.

[5] Domestic political debates are ok as long it does not touch religious / ethnic issues,see the rule no [4].
Such discussions should be only in Chaibar.

[6] Defence related issues should only be in Chaibar and should be of least priority unless it is a major project.

[7] Do not start discussions about other countries in the India subforum.

[8] If you are new to the forum, familiarize yourself with the subforum for a few days by going through old posts/topics.

[9] Enjoy the subforum and let others enjoy it too.

[10] If a fellow forumer is misbehaving ,report it to the moderators and the situation will be handled.
are these the 10 commandments ? :lol:

·
slacker oui!
3,588 Posts
Listen up! - just a note

ok people listen up,:)

Today i will talk about why hotlinking pictures is bad bad.

Alot of you,including me have hotlinked pictures. So what is hotlinked pictures?
It is when you just copy the link of a picture and post it. Now,one picture is not that bad to hotlink but mostly we do post 10 pictures (more or less) in a row and the pictures can be over 400kb big.

What does this mean?

ok,lets say you post 10 pictures that are 400kb big.
So that means,every time a user looks at the thread it has to load 400kb X 10 =4mb ,and thats every time a user views the thread,usually we have over 300(or more) views per thread.

This makes the owner of the server very very pissed because its bandwidth theft and the admin will delete the pictures.

So what can be done?

Put the pictures on Imageshack (www.imageshack.ws) and post the thumbnail only.

for example:

is this a rule?

No,not a rule ..its up to you,a lot of admins out there will be happy

cool,so how do i make thumbnails?

ok here goes:

1. Save the picture you want to post on your computer.

2. go to http://www.imageshack.us.

3. press "choose" and a window comes up,choose the picture you want to post on SSC and then press "host it"

4.now a new page comes up, you will see the text: "Thumbnail for forums (1)"

just copy the url-line before the text that says "Thumbnail for forums (1)" and post the link on SSC:)

then you will get a clickable thumbnail like this:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.