SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys we need help maintaining this section.

If anyone has any suggestions for the moving of threads, renaming, editing or merging - would you be willing to post the relevant links and comments into this thread please.

We'll action as soon as humanly possible.

ill tonkso is your first port of call for local issues etc...

:cheers:

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest using the standard SSC naming convention, just put the CITY name ahead of the project title, for example:

PLYMOUTH | Oceanique | 101m | 31fl | App

etc....

Now you guys can have separate threads for each project rather than crushing them into the full summary threads.

:cheers:

·
L'enfant terrible
2,287 Posts
As a permenant lurker on most UK Construction forums, I'd suggest a separate subforum in this section for Bristol, and possibly Portsmouth as well, if the number of projects warrants it.

·
Administrator
34,902 Posts
neither bristol nor portsmouth currently have the volume of projects required.

i look forward to flooding this forum with my photo threads as i live on the south coast :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Now you guys can have separate threads for each project rather than crushing them into the full summary threads.
At last.

I could never be bothered sifting through all the threads to find out the current developments, so the South is a bit of a blind spot for me. I have literally no idea what is going on in any of these cities. Will be interesting to see what projects are underway.

·
Pompodian in Exile
1,791 Posts
What a nice surprise this is! Massive thanks to all concerned!

Got one very pedantic question though; are Hampshire, The Isle of Wight or Oxfordshire Home Counties? They don't border London...

P.S. If I spend the two or three hours its going to take to bring the Portsmouth Project Summary up to date could we create a new thread for this and rename the old one as a sort of general Pompey discussion thread?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Great to see it a reality.
Would like to see it structured like the north east forum - with major cities/conurbations separated at the top.
As we have already seen with shard 97's rather over enthusiastic splattering of plymouth threads everywhere, whilst I welcome threads dedicated to individual projects, they will very quickly bog down the page without sub sections.

·
Just hanging around...
2,927 Posts
Got one very pedantic question though; are Hampshire, The Isle of Wight or Oxfordshire Home Counties? They don't border London...
I don't know if they officially count as Home Counties, but I think on this occasion we can probably just include them since they're near enough to London and are bordered by the official Home Counties.

P.S. If I spend the two or three hours its going to take to bring the Portsmouth Project Summary up to date could we create a new thread for this and rename the old one as a sort of general Pompey discussion thread?
That sounds like a good idea. :cheers: I was going to make threads for No. 1 Portsmouth, and possibly the Blade when I hear some news about it, so we can have those alongside the general developments thread where we can discuss projects like the Eldon and New Theatre Royal projects.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Point taken on the geography, they seem ok at the moment but if it causes a problem I'll move them back.

Create new threads by all means, just make sure you put a link in here along with instructions for what is required and either myself or the Tonk will sort it.

:)

What a nice surprise this is! Massive thanks to all concerned!

·
Pompodian in Exile
1,791 Posts
As we have already seen with shard 97's rather over enthusiastic splattering of plymouth threads everywhere, whilst I welcome threads dedicated to individual projects, they will very quickly bog down the page without sub sections.
I think it's just a question of being sensible about creating new threads only for projects which are going to generate a significant number of posts.

Point taken on the geography, they seem ok at the moment but if it causes a problem I'll move them back.

Create new threads by all means, just make sure you put a link in here along with instructions for what is required and either myself or the Tonk will sort it.

:)
Done. A shiny new thread for the up to date (mostly) projects summary!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1522007

Can I suggest we have some (but not all, there's just too many) of the project summaries stuck at the top; I'd suggest Bristol, Portsmouth and Gloucester as the three which have been traditionally the busiest?

Also we need a little descriptor under the 'Home Counties and South West England' link. Something along the lines of; 'For Bristol, Portsmouth, Brighton, Plymouth, Southampton, Cheltenham and Gloucester' a bit long winded perhaps..

Although no longer than the East Midlands Forum; For Nottingham, Derby, Lincoln, Leicester, Corby, Northampton, and Milton Keynes.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
perhaps, for each city, the three most active discussions sould have their own threads, and all of the others remain on a summary page, I have Plymouths one all lined up.... (edit: individual pages, remove other summary threads)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts