SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to your all new Wales/Cymru forum.

As of today, the three major urban areas in South Wales now have their own sub-forums and hopefully this will make life easier for posters and visitors alike.

At present, the forum doesn't have a moderator. Over time, that will have to change so a volunteer will be requested in the near future.

The overall goal is, that with the help of a local, dedicated moderator, the Wales/Cymru forum will be fleshed out with more threads and will become a busier, more active place for people to visit and post.

Any queries, requests or ideas that you may have, please post them here. I shall keep an eye on the forum until that time when it has its own local moderator.

·
1,713 Posts
Looks good. Unfortunately the Wales forum has always been quiet as there's a more active development forum at http://cardiffwalesmap.com/OurForum/viewforum.php?f=1

I post development articles for the South Wales valleys when I see them, and recently have been trying to include Cardiff as well to try and generate a bit more interest.

I check the forum most days so could possibly volunteer as a local moderator, but would need to know what exactly is involved. Thanks.

·
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, we need a local dedicated moderator who will help grow the forum. There are a lack of posts and a lack of threads. Development threads are the lifeblood of all the forums, it's primarily what people log on for.

Initially, the new moderator would help by starting threads, including planning app numbers and renders, and would post more often in response to other posters. Too many developments are being posted about in 'Summary of Project' threads rather than having their own individual threads.

As the forum grows and the number of posters increases, some other posters would be starting threads themselves and there would be less need for the moderator to be so involved, although he/she may still want to be heavily involved.

What I'd be looking for is a moderator who can spend some time each week over the next two to three months updating the forum and then, in the Autumn and early in the new year, the SSC UK forums would start targeting local universities and Facebook groups to try and get more posters on board.

·
1,713 Posts
I can certainly help with that. To be honest I tend to just use the 'summary of project' threads because a lot of projects are small and don't seem worth creating dedicated threads for (especially when there are so few replies) but it's easy enough to change tactics.

·
12,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on the type of project. If it's a new build student development with 30 bedspaces, it's not worth it. If it's a conversion of an attractive building into 10 apartments with ground floor bars, then it's definitely worth a thread.

The problem with a 'Summary of Projects' thread is that a lot of projects tend to get forgotten which reduces the numbers of posts on the scheme. A specific thread allows posters and viewers alike to concentrate their thoughts and comments on that particular project and increases the number of posts. It's obvious when you think about it. It just needs posters to get in to the habit of creating threads which we've managed to do on the South East and South West forums, and it's made a huge difference.

On that note, could anybody who is interested in becoming the moderator for the Wales forum pm me by this time next week.

·
1,713 Posts
There are several big towers going up and proposed in Woking but these are all discussed in the Woking summary of projects thread within the South East forum. Sounds like these should probably have their own threads too.

I've sent you a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts