SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a bit of a discussion on the Ormiston construction thread about fountains in Birmingham.

It all sparked when I was unaware of one in the location.

What other fountains have we got?

Aston Uni

Bullring cubes (Do these light up anymore?)

The River

Chamberlain Fountain

Brindley Place

The Oozels Street Fountain (Its got water so i'm including it).

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I've always thought there was something very 'ITV' about the cubes in the Bullring, when lit up. They look like they should be used in an indent between programmes.

·
flickr ell brown
21,719 Posts
The Spirit of Enterprise (currently in storage during the construction of the Library of Birmingham)

The Spirit of Enterprise - Bronze water fountain - Centenary Square, Birmingham by ell brown, on Flickr

At Edgbaston Mill

Water Feature - Edgbaston Mill - Edgbaston Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham by ell brown, on Flickr

Back of Millennium Point, Jennens Road (switched off during construction of BOA and the car park)

Waterfall and jets / fountain at Millennium Point by ell brown, on Flickr

Near One Snowhill

Jets of water outside One Snowhill by ell brown, on Flickr

Central Square, Brindley Place

38 jets of water - Central Square, Brindley Place by ell brown, on Flickr

Three cubes, Bullring

Three Cube Fountains - near West Mall - Bullring by ell brown, on Flickr

Floozie in the Jacuzzi

Floozie in the Jacuzzi, Victoria Square - River and Youth by ell brown, on Flickr

This one outside the Wesleyan

Fountain / Water feature outside The Wesleyan - Colmore Square by ell brown, on Flickr

Custard Factory

Jets of water - The Custard Factory - Digbeth / Deritend by ell brown, on Flickr

and another one at the Custard Factory

Water feature - The Custard Factory - Digbeth / Deritend by ell brown, on Flickr

Lakeside, Aston University

Chancellors Lake - Lakeside water feature - Aston University by ell brown, on Flickr

Chamberlain Memorial

Chamberlain Memorial - Pool by ell brown, on Flickr

·
flickr ell brown
21,719 Posts
Most fountains are switched off now. Probably too cold to have them on, would probably freeze.

The Snowhill one was off last week. Even the Three Cubes one in the Bullring was off. Assume they will all go back on in the Spring.

·
2,426 Posts
I bet she's freezing her tits off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts