SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3127 Posts

·
visit the world
7,793 Posts
now thats better. First of it all looks cool and offcourse tall...And those Petronas boys (or girls) do need some addition really close to make an ever better skyline as a whole for the city of KL! :eek:kay: :cool: :)

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys! Can't wait myself :)

malec said:
Fabulous! :)
So anyone know the height? Looks definitely like a 300m+ from the render
yeah definitely. Based on the rendering, the taller one would be around 340 m! :eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think the 70 storey tower is nice, I dont like that the smaller one is the same exact replica...

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
It looks out of proportion in the rendering with the Petronas Towers though. Seems like its too thin. Thats just the graphics right? Otherwise, its awesome!:eek:kay:

·
Registered
154 Posts
amazing i really wanted to see some more tall buildings in kl

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
looks good but it is obiviously similar to us7

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually it looks very much like Lot C of KLCC which will be at 54 storeys...to start construction Feb 2006.

As for 4 Seasons, no idea...they have yet to demolish a mall.

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
michal1982 said:
it is aproved???
Waiting to be approved. This is from yesterday's news

http://www.mmail.com.my/Current_News/MM/Tuesday/MailMoney/20050823104811/Article/index_html

Venus seeks nod for RM1b Four Seasons Centre
SHAREN KAUR
Aug 23:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENUS Assets Sdn Bhd, a company controlled by tycoon Ong Beng Seng, will submit a development order application for its planned RM1 billion mixed development project in Kuala Lumpur, people familiar with the matter said yesterday.

The Venus project, known as Four Seasons Centre Kuala Lumpur, will be built on the existing open air carpark spread over 2.6 acres, situated between Menara Maxis and Wisma Central.

Venus Assets had acquired the land from Intan Sdn Bhd, a privately held company controlled by the family of the late billionaire Tan Sri Khoo Teck Puat, for RM90 million in cash in October 2003.

The project will comprise the six-star Four Seasons Hotel and service apartment with retail shopping area covering 750,000 sq ft, and a 70-storey Four Seasons Condominium which will have 173 super luxury units.

Mail Money was told that prices have not been fixed yet but will be in excess of RM1,000 per sq ft.

Venus Assets is waiting for the building plans to be approved. This is expected to be finalised in the current quarter, Mail Money was told.

The company, however, hasn’t decided if it is going to undertake the construction job itself or to appoint a turnkey contractor.

The 59-year-old, Perak-born Ong controls Hotel Properties Ltd, a company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, which has hotel, property and retail investments worldwide.

His 70 per cent investment in Venus Assets is believed to be private in nature. His partner in the company is Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah of Selangor.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nice but I think that design should belong to the taller tower and not repeated.. the shorter one should compliment but not be identical.

In the age of "spire, we must have a spire...!" this design is downright fearless to avoid the pointy thing. Also is respectful given its proximity to Petronas.

1 - 20 of 3127 Posts