SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
This isn't my account please delete it
0 Posts
Not just ghana sadly Tanzania is the same, we have some amazing buildings constructed 50-70 years ago, on top of amazing rail infrastructure. I really wished we were able to maintain them they would look amazing today.

Proud of Botswana, it flies under the radar on most rankings but what they're doing is on par with many amazing countries nation wide. The transformation has been nothing short but impressive.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
Not just ghana sadly Tanzania is the same, we have some amazing buildings constructed 50-70 years ago, on top of amazing rail infrastructure. I really wished we were able to maintain them they would look amazing today.

Proud of Botswana, it flies under the radar on most rankings but what they're doing is on par with many amazing countries nation wide. The transformation has been nothing short but impressive.
I dont want to derail (excuse the pun) a photo thread but there is a real concern that the new infrastructure being built (at significant cost) in SSA now may similarly fall due to lack of maintenance. It already happened in Ghana in a short rail extension built a few years ago.

·
88Keys/88keys
646 Posts
Botswana's towns remind me so of Eswatini, very similar in style and very similar to small towns in South Africa, like Carolina, Badplaas, Piet Retief etc

41 - 44 of 44 Posts