SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,866 Posts
Frankfurt's projects in the international section of SSC have always been neglected and underrepresented. Since this project is going to change the classic skyline view dramatically, it is only fair to introduce this project to the international readers.

Project: DB Dreieck (former Deutsche Bank triangle in the Banking District, no official name yet)
Developer: Gross & Partner
Masterplan design: UN Studio

Stats:
- 4 towers on top of a 6 storey base
- 228m tower (59 floors), mixed use
- two residential towers (approx. 160m and 120m)
- 100m office tower
- 200,000 square meters of space (90,000 sqm of office space | 60,000 sqm residential | 30,000 sqm hotels | 20,000 sqm retail and gastronomy)
- public access to roof gardens

Construction date: 2017, completion of first buildings 2020

10 architects are currently working on the individual designs of the towers

The masterplan by UN Studio (posted by eibomz in the local forum)

Wouw!

Quelle: Groß und Partner
http://www.immobilien-zeitung.de/1000031513/vier-hochhaeuser-auf-frankfurter-deutsche-bank-dreieck/
http://www.deal-magazin.com/news/54...neue-Hochhaeuser-fuer-die-Frankfurter-Skyline

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wow, that came unexpected!
In its composition and density it doesn't look very German. Even for Frankfurt its quite unusual.
Wow I'm very exited about the canyon that develops there.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But the taller residential tower looks more like 180m.
It looks like it's slightly smaller than TaunusTurm to me, or the same height. So maybe around 170m? Could be the new tallest residential tower in the city, few meters taller, than the tower at Skyline Plaza.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, 180m might be more realistic for the taller residential tower.

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
^^ Oh Yes, there's surely some similarities between the old max and the tallest in the masterplan. Although the max design was not among my favorites from Murphy Jahn, I wouldn't mind seeing Jahn design the new tower. Surely among my favorite architects.

And as a extra bonus, this will help to hide the tacky new B.I.G. designed tower... What's not to like :)

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
No, in general I'm no fan of Ingels designs. The Frankfurt one is not the worst, but I think many of his projects ends up looking cheap and yes, tacky I guess. In many ways I find Helmut Jahn the complete opposite - everything just seems to be high quality.

Guess I'm getting quite off topic here.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
According to Frankfurter Rundschau the heights are 228m, 170m, 130m and 100m.

Looks like we're going to get a new tallest residential building in Germany.

Also, a public area and a restaurant will be located in the top of the tallest tower.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,261 Posts
Amazing! And the location next to Commerzbank is epic as well. View from maintower will be awesome

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
466 Posts
After this 4-tower complex, thew Winx, the Metzler tower and the Marieninsel (all under construction or realistically planned), only a lining of 3-4 new towers along the east rim of the Taunusanlage remains to give Frankfurts western cluster a sense of completion.

To growth of its western (Bahnhof-Messe) cluster, there is no upper limit in the long run.

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
Frankfurt is going insane, geil! :eek:kay: UN Studio also guarantee for amazing designs, though of course we don't know whether the final designs will be made by them.
I hope for at least one UNStudio tower, as they didn't get to realise their lovely Tower 2 design for the Grand Hyatt Tower.

A skyline visualisation of the known DB-Triangle models, created by fellow forumer KlausDiggy:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=131320687#post131320687

1 - 20 of 289 Posts