SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A design competion for the residential tower at the Skyline Plaza complex has been held, and the winner is Magnus Kaminiarz & Cie.

The tower will be Germany's tallest residential building, at 160m (approx 50+ floors). The tower will have 340 apartments and will come along with an extra parking structure and a low rise residential building.

This project replaces the 113m Grand Hyatt proposal.

The design is quite daring for Frankfurt, the renderings will be posted later today (as soon as they're available).

HIGHRES Renderings:

Pictures:
Magnus Kaminiarz & Cie.
Architecture

·
Registered
399 Posts
Looks familiar. Isn't similar looking tower just build or being constructed in London, somewhere in Europe?

Better looking and higher than the original proposal. I like it.

·
LIBERTINED
46,539 Posts
Geil one. Congratulations Frankfurt! This will be top-class for sure. :eek:kay:

Finally Germany is getting rid of the residential highrise phobia, caused by brutalist dire dreck social housing crimes built before 1990.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks familiar. Isn't similar looking tower just build or being constructed in London, somewhere in Europe?

Better looking and higher than the original proposal. I like it.
that's what I thought too. this project looks like the more sophisticated version of the london project. it is interesting, that the london project is designed by the same architect, as the project that was initially proposed for this site (a 113m tall hotel tower).

@newfvgffm: amen. I like the simple designs of the recent frankfurt projects, but this is so much better than anything else built and proposed in frankfurt in the recent years.

·
5,223 Posts
Messeturm is finally getting some tall company around it. Some 10 years ago it was isolated from the main cluster, but that has changed.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HD, perhaps u'd like to edit the initial post with those highres renderings, so we have all in one place
done. I wonder what the exact number of floors is..I count 46/47..

@Assemblage23: this is indeed becoming a new major cluster in frankfurt. there are several towers planned in the area, with heights up to 365m.

1 - 20 of 312 Posts