SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
145 metres does not even make it a skyscraper. If Frankfurt wants to companies from London after Brexit, it should allow many more towers. If I walk through Frankfurt, I see a potential site for a tall tower at almost every corner. There are so many ugly post war lowrise buildings that should be replaced by beautiful tall buildings.

Germany is somewhere among the ten largest economies in the world and its financial capital should have a skyline that reflects that. All that office space from Eschborn and Niederrad should be moved into the city center where it belongs.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
As much as you I also want much more skyscrapers in FFM I doubt the possibility to build more high rises is one of the key reasons that FFM will have success. I believe there are some other factors that are more important.

·
chjbolton
972 Posts
At the moment it looks like the UK might leave the EU next year or even sooner. So now should be the time to get many new towers under construction fast, because soon many jobs from London will move to EU countries. It's sad that Frankfurt seems to miss that chance.
Hmmmm... Don't dismiss a post-EU London as a de-facto loser on the financial front. The EU is slowly growing (stagnating really) part of the world so...
Don't turn news headlines into long-term predictions; just wait and see.

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
I think we've been seeing an increase in residential development in Frankfurt's Central area this decade. First, what is now the Grand Tower is changed from hotel to residential, and now the Polizeiprasidium Tower's being changed to residential after having initially been proposed as an office building over a decade and a half ago. And about the old police building, I think it should be restored to its pre-WWII appearance, with that guard tower (?) on the top. How many more of Frankfurt's stale/dead proposals from the 2000s decade are going to become residential next?

·
Frankfurt-Lover <3
5,154 Posts
Architectural competition to be held

The two proposed Highrises with 145m each are no longer an option. Instead of them the city would prefer some smaller towers. A competion will bring more clearness.

Die ursprünglich vorgesehenen zwei Hochhäuser mit einer Höhe von 145 Metern und 130 Metern sind wohl vom Tisch. Die Stadt will die Hochhauskonzeption im Zuge der Änderung des Bebauungsplanes weiterentwickeln. Es könnten mehrere kleine Türme entstehen – die Einzelheiten soll jetzt der Wettbewerb klären.
https://www.fr.de/frankfurt/frankfurt-wettbewerb-polizeipraesidium-12980840.html#idAnchComments

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
What does smaller really mean? Not so tall or more thin? A pity if they they want to scale it down and why do they want that?

·
Frankfurt-Lover <3
5,154 Posts
What does smaller really mean? Not so tall or more thin? A pity if they they want to scale it down and why do they want that?
more tiny, like 3 towers with 80 meters or similar

According to Skyline Atlas the gerch group, main investor , denied an option of more than one tower.
The architectural competition will take place in August with 15 well known Architecture offices
New Project's name is "Das Präsidium"

https://www.skylineatlas.de/portfolios/hochhausprojekt-altes-polizeipraesidium/

41 - 49 of 49 Posts