SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1481 Posts

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Credits to erbse and the others he credits for the content of this posting! See the original post by erbse here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=135527229#post135527229. Patrick.

============================================================

Visit the DWF Frankfurt forum! You're welcome to discuss in English or German there.

All Frankfurt threads at the World Development News Forums:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/search.php?searchid=23928855

Frankfurt projects (highrise towers) map:

Light Green: U/C | Blue: Planned | Red: Proposed | Gray: Existing | Dark Green: Recently completed

Last update: March 2016. Created by user cardiac86

Downtown Frankfurt (Bankenviertel), planned and U/C highrises:

Europaviertel Frankfurt, planned and U/C towers:

Last update: March 2016. Created by user eibomz

See also:

Frankfurt Skyscraper List @Wikipedia

Frankfurt Tower/Building Lists @Emporis

Frankfurt Project Maps by DAF

Yours sincerely, erbse.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,832 Posts
and the best thing about this is, that almost all projects have been chosen after consultation with investors - the tallest of the new towers (of the march 2007 masterplan-proposals) is approx. only 220-250m tall, but I think it's good that frankfurt will get many new midrises to fill the gaps. and finally frankfurt is getting some residential towers :cheers:

·
Registered
559 Posts
patrick, the hotel tower of frankfurthochvier is 99,... m tall and the office tower something between 123 and 130m, depending on the source. you missed in your rendering the 110 m tall tower of the messe opposite the IBC ;)

all in all great news.

very dissappointing that allianz is not allowed to build higher than 90m (instead of 170m) - the model looks taller though.

the matthäuskirche development sounds promising - a skyscraper with a church as an entrance.

also the new 170m poseidon tower near the messeturm is fantastic news.

I'm not sure about the new campanile though - it will stand alone - Id prefer a 200m tower somewhere else.

what is not in the plan included is the new bahn tower - a 200m skyscraper. the deutsche bahn wants to put several offices together.

the most promising project is the degussa development though - this will finally extend the banking quarter to the river. I hope they go for the 200m version, instead of the 170m version.

also good news are all the residential towers - the demand for apartments is very strong, I hope this will lead to more such developments.

and I hope marieninsel will be taller than just 220m - I was hoping, it would be the next tallest in the city. Im glad the developers won't face any problems with it though - all the surrounding buildngs belong to them too.

I can see a smaller tower between the FBC tower and the trianon tower - anyone knows what project that is?

·
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
@BMXican: Thx for your comment, I'll correct the plan now. But one question left: Where is the possible construction site for the 200m Bahn-Tower?

Today, the DIC Group (Deutsche Immobilien Chancen) announced the first (EDIT: latest (thx to newfvgffm for correcting me)), plans for the Degussa area. The project will be called MainTor (btw: I don't like the current trend to give names by leaving out the space between the words: FrankfurtHochVier, Arena AufSchalke, MainTor ;)).

The architecture is by KSP Engel & Zimmermann.

The construction could begin in the 2nd half of 2008 and will cost more than 500 Mio. Euros.

Mixed Use

EDIT: The project name of the skyscraper is "WinX" and the height looks like 150-170m

EDIT2: The local newspapers write of a height about 150m, orientated on neighbouring ECB tower (148m)

another render:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Its an amazing and surprising developement with a beautiful design.
Interesting, only 2 days after the HighrisePlan was published the first investor came also public with his developement, already having an anchor tenant.
So if we are lucky we might have many Towers under construction in Frankfurt in 2008

Operatower, 2 Frankfurthochvier Towers, ECB Tower, Degussa Tower, KFW Tower...who knows, perhaps even more.

Its time that Frankfurt enters a new boom Phase!

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,832 Posts
it's only the beginning. we can expect a few more news on all the new developments pretty soon.

I'm surprised construction of maintor will commence in 2008 already - they just proposed it - this must be the quickest proposal ever.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
that's so cool!! can't wait for the renderings

·
LIBERTINED
46,652 Posts
It's getting better and better - You made my day! Thanks alot to all for those pleasing informations 'bout Frankfurt's amazing development :)

·
Ah Goin Ma?
93 Posts
i wonder what will be built at Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 35-37.... there are some
tear off-workings going on but no one knows what will be built when these are finished in may(or june i don't know it exactly :lol: ) perhaps the 200 meter Bahn-***** will be built there, but its confusing that no project at this place was published with the *** highrise masterplan and i dont think that this place will be left unbuilt! maybe we'll soon have another ********** under construction, who knows:)

Edit: and i even don't know why those words have been censored :D but you may guess them

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,832 Posts
isn't this the address of the Turm185 project?

I wouldn't be surprised, if it wasn't preparation works for a new tower, maybe even the 200m bahn tower - this location or next to the old bahn tower are the only locations I can think of where deutsche bahn could build their new tower.

1 - 20 of 1481 Posts