SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Intriged by life.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant believe this beautiful little city has never made it on here!... I can't blame anyone as this is my hometown and I also have never posted photos..

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the city of Fredericton myself but I do have google... ;)

For those who are not familiar with Fredericton it is situated in south central New Brunswick situated on the St. John River. It is a beautiful town lined with century old elm trees fabulous old architecture and rich in history. It has a population around 80, 000 in the greater area but seems a lil bit larger for some reason.

Please feel free and ask questions or post and photos you may have or find online.

Cheers.

Legislative Assembly Building

City Hall

View from the north side towards the south (seperated bt the St. John River)

Beaverbrook Art Gallery

Salvador Dalí's Santiago el Grande is on display here permenantly

this is where Adrianne Clarkson once resided and now Michelle Jean (the Lieutenant Governor of canada)

If you are ever out east you must check this beautiful town out :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Easily the nicest in NB. I lived in Oromocto for 2 years and went to Fredericton frequently. very much like Dartmouth actually :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks, TB. The city is pretty. I had many photos of this city saved somewhere and I remembered I posted them long time ago. I miss the city because I lived there three years ago.

·
The Mighty.
3,184 Posts
I've been to Fredricton many times... very lovely city. I have family there.

It's made it to the forums once in a blue moon.

And by the way, that's not where Adrienne Clarckson or Michelle Jean lives who is the Governor General of Canada, but it is where the Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick resides! ;)

·
Intriged by life.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, I’m such a loser :p

Well thanks for correcting me Oaronuviss, that was sincere ignorance on my part! Sorry for misleading everyone else also but I stand corrected :) (Could have sworn that was factual)

Thanks also for the positive comments as I must concur with you all. Easily the best city in N.B

I should be visiting late this summer and promise to bring back a beautiful thread …or will attempt to. ;) ….also going to Chicago in mid June, I’ll see you then as well.

Cheers.

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
I posted a phototour a couple of years ago when I just started on these forums. I've got new pics now, so look for that as well as Summerside and Charlottetown coming soon, with new trips and tours to come in the next couple of months of other cities in the Maritimes.

·
Canadian
779 Posts

Nice pictures.

What are they going to do with those old bridge piers? Is it possible to build a new bridge on top of them?

·
Intriged by life.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
keep them til they fall apart as far as i no. .... doubt they could build a new bridge for cars on them... but for pedestrians and bicycles perhaps, though that would never really be necessary as there already is one maybe 1.5km or so away.

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
There's a fountain on the second one out in the picture. They don't have it on right now...they were having some pump problems with it, but I do have a picture or two from when they did have the fountain going. I'll go looking for them, but I think they are in the skyline forum or something...I can't remember.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, good set of images.

The maritimes really should be pushing a european model on our cities... we are alot like european towns/cities, except some gawdy projects that get put up and the lack of any kind of decent tram/light rail transportation network even though maritime cities are pretty big geographically.

·
Registered
31,503 Posts
Very pleasant town with all these trees. The constructions are also very interesting.
Thanks for sharing. Greetings from Brazil! :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts