SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
San Francisco International offers free WiFi at all terminals. It does not offer it, however, on the AirTrain. I will have to check which other facilities throughout the airport offers accessible WiFi service.

As for Mineta San Jose International, it also offers free and fast WiFi throughout the terminals. Same thing with Oakland International Airport and Sonoma County Airport (near Santa Rosa).

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3

Beyond the airports, these transit agencies in the San Francisco Bay Area offer WiFi as well:

- AC Transit: select buses (Transbay only)
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit): only on the underground portions, between Transbay Tube and Balboa Park BART, and within Downtown Oakland
- Golden Gate Transit: all buses
- Sonoma County Airport Express: all coaches
- Sonoma County Transit: select buses

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Leeham News have a rather good piece on Inflight Internet Today. It is a good 101 description. They have left one small factor out.

https://leehamnews.com/2016/04/07/inflight-internet/#more-19208

The satellites you see depicted in Fig 4 are GEOSTATIONARY and the coverage gets WAY worse the further north you go as the earth is round innit. Don't expect much up around Greenland on a transatlantic sector. :)

Furthermore MOST of these satellites with "Spot Beams" have not launched yet. Many are launched and fail thereafter with replacements taking years to show up.

Finally some Medium Earth orbit constellations like O3B are not shown at all, these would be rather fast if you are flying near the equator, much better than geostationaries would be. However they will not work north of 30N

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Dublin Airport has the best free wifi in Europe and that is official. :)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Schiphol has good free unlimeted Wifi throughout the whole airport. I don't know it's the best. If I am on any aiport, I only need connection for whatsapp, FB and reed sum news.

Wifi at Schiphol goes also beyond the airport. The local busses and intercitytrains in the Netherlands also offer free unlimited Wifi. In theory a traveler have Wifi acces from the gate to the hotel.

·
Registered
N830MH
1,469 Posts
Basel, London-Heathrow, Frankfurt has free WiFi.

US Airports has free WiFi.

Here's a link:

This is for WiFi. If airports who has free WiFi. You can search airports and it's very easy to search.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Thank God for Free Wifi in Singapore during our visit (October 2019).

I didn't need to buy a local SIM card as most places in the country (e.g. Airport, Century Square Mall, etc.) have free Wifi =)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts